Hello @PiaKnee
I am writing to give you some more hope! I am at coming up onto 15 months and after an incredibly successful and fast recovery up until 5-6 weeks, when my recovery turned into slower than a snails pace! It's been 3 steps forward , 2 back for a long long long time. Now its more like 3 steps forward, 1/2 back, if you get my drift. In the last 3 months I have lost almost all the stiffness and the down stairs are much better.
I have decided that it is a nerve recovery problem since I am still numb and may take up to 2 years to copletely heal. A bonus for me is excellent ROM which has been there for a long time so I am able to do all activities. Some days I get so mad, but remember I am much better than before and it keeps getting better, albeit VERY SLOWLY. I hope you have good ROM too.
I still am using special movements to get up from a chair because there is also a crunching that happens that creeps me out.
Again, I just look at how much better I am than before. I can do my jazzercise, hike and bike.
Occasionally I put on a sleeve or some tubigrip if it is stiff and it helps tremendously. I don't think about doing that very often anymore, which is another sign of getting better.
So.....just wanted you to know you have compadres out here in the same boat, more or less
![[Bonesmart.org] Stiffness and Soreness\Prosthetic< [Bonesmart.org] Stiffness and Soreness\Prosthetic<](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/58/58668-5894d2477f7da408581e307dea52817a.jpg?hash=WJTSR399pA)
I am writing to give you some more hope! I am at coming up onto 15 months and after an incredibly successful and fast recovery up until 5-6 weeks, when my recovery turned into slower than a snails pace! It's been 3 steps forward , 2 back for a long long long time. Now its more like 3 steps forward, 1/2 back, if you get my drift. In the last 3 months I have lost almost all the stiffness and the down stairs are much better.
I have decided that it is a nerve recovery problem since I am still numb and may take up to 2 years to copletely heal. A bonus for me is excellent ROM which has been there for a long time so I am able to do all activities. Some days I get so mad, but remember I am much better than before and it keeps getting better, albeit VERY SLOWLY. I hope you have good ROM too.
I still am using special movements to get up from a chair because there is also a crunching that happens that creeps me out.
Again, I just look at how much better I am than before. I can do my jazzercise, hike and bike.
Occasionally I put on a sleeve or some tubigrip if it is stiff and it helps tremendously. I don't think about doing that very often anymore, which is another sign of getting better.
So.....just wanted you to know you have compadres out here in the same boat, more or less
![[Bonesmart.org] Stiffness and Soreness\Prosthetic< [Bonesmart.org] Stiffness and Soreness\Prosthetic<](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/58/58668-5894d2477f7da408581e307dea52817a.jpg?hash=WJTSR399pA)
United States