THR Six more days

Rhonda K

senior
Country
United States United States
March 25th is coming so fast. It seems surreal in a way because of the 9 month wait I’ve had, but my mind is starting to focus now. This past week I’ve been busy getting details out of the way. Of course doing that won’t end till the morning of, but got a lot done. Reading as much as I can here to jog my memory a bit concerning all I’ve forgotten about my last recovery. I had forgotten how shaky and exhausted I’ll get and how I almost passed out trying to get to my one week incision check….(this time I’ll commandeer a wheel chair if need be). Being prepared and having plan A B and C figured out is helpful to me. Still have to pass my 5 point body inspection ( anyone else have to undergo such humiliation?). Then a Covid test. Fingers crossed no surprises! So many things to dread, like 3 months of back sleeping and 4 weeks of TED’s, but much more to look forward to. Can’t believe it’s almost here. Now have to work on the anxiety and nerves. So far not too bad, I’m surprising myself! Sending good thoughts to all the March Musketeers!

Rhonda K,
All the best on the 25th.

Here are the Hip Recovery Guidelines, to help you prepare for your upcoming surgery. The articles are short and will not take long to read.

Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​

3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you​
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​

4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these

5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

6. Access these pages on the website

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in the majority of BoneSmart’s forums, we ask that each member have only One Recovery Thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review the member’s history before providing advice, so please post any updates or questions you have right here in this thread.

Hi @Rhonda K
Wishing you all the best for Friday and I am sending healing hugs in advance:loveshwr:
You're got this!
Still have to pass my 5 point body inspection
Don't know if I know what this is?:scratch:

Hi @Rhonda K
Wishing you all the best for Friday and I am sending healing hugs in advance:loveshwr:
You're got this!
Still have to pass my 5 point body inspection
Don't know if I know what this is?:scratch:
hi MoJo…..well I have an appointment tomorrow with a nurse to check me from head to foot for any any kind of cuts, scrapes, bruises, open sores etc etc. if anything at all is found surgery is canceled. My surgeon doesn’t mess around….haha. Thanks for the well wishes. At this point I need a lot of them .

Glad he is checking you out well...I know these things can be a bit awkward....not that they aren't going to have a close up on the hip (I'm really kind of ridiculously modest so I actually don't like thinking about that stuff:unsure:)

Your OS and team know their stuff and it will be a day at the office for them.

Hugs for comfort while you finish out your wait.
You are going to do just great!:loveshwr:

Super excited for you. Wish you a positive and quick recovery. Tomorrow is day 1 of your new life without pain. Hope your day goes by quickly! good luck tomorrow! <3

Thank you so much! Busy day today and I can rest tomorrow haha…..Keeping my thoughts positive and appreciate all the good wishes coming from everyone here. No one understands like you all do…….thanks!

Hey, hey…tomorrow is your big day!
We’ll be thinking of you and watching for your first update on the healing side.
Hope to see you there once you’re resting comfortably.
Wishing you only the best!
@Rhonda K

Blessings for a smooth surgery and a good start to your healing journey. Looking forward to your updates.

Thinking of you this morning and look forward to seeing you on the Healing Side.:friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Forum statistics

Threads