THR Setback at 8 weeks out- and the come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing like the feeling of cruising along on a bicycle!
Hey Sue- actually went out for a sub-10 min ride today and saw this on my return. And yes- you are indeed so right!

I'm still weeding through saddle selections, but am finding the additional support of a wider saddle rather nice - tho I feel while i was fitted for this 168mm one, it seems to be wider than i like on the road - think i'll buy & try the 155mm version (thank god for return policies!)

Hi Dave, I keep reading your post and thinking, I have a bike sitting in the garage, just begging to be ridden... maybe this weekend.. it is always a toss up whether to Nordic Walk or go riding.. enjoy you riding :)

Hope you find the saddle that works well for you. My bike is just a Suade Metro series with a standard rather old fashioned seat. I call it my old lady bike. It's in the basement right now and I can't wait until the day I can bring it upstairs! Today I was going to do 30 minutes on the stationary bike but then Freebird was the next song on the I-Pad. That was good for 10 extra minutes.

Well, well- today is my 4 month anniversary, and have good news to report- To celebrate this event, yesterday I loaded up the bike and went out to the flattest area around (Alameda island)- did a good 8 miles/ ~ 45 min ride (incl stops to adjust bike components), might have gone longer but was getting a rather chilly headwind coming across the bay (asked my buddy if that came in every day about 3- and he said 'yup') Woke up with no real extra aches or pains today, so YAY! in fact- I feel pretty dang good. However, I do think I'll give it a day or so between rides, just to be sure I don't overdo it again. Oh man, it felt so good being on a bike- but I can really tell I'm pushing extra pounds that have collected over the last few months!

on a side note for anyone watching/caring about the seat quest: I took a couple bike seats along I intended to swap out, but the one I picked up this weekend (155mm) seems to work just dandy- enough support, but not too wide (for me)- I may have a winner here.

Glad you had such an enjoyable ride! Also, congratulations on your 4 month anniversary. You should be in great shape as the weather gets better.

Great report! Four months is a milestone---I just passed 5 months and feel totally over the hip surgery but backing off the activities a little because of knee pain. The knees didn't hurt at all when the hip wouldn't let me walk far.

Kind of like juggling, keeping all my joints comfortable enough to enjoy life.

Your post reminds me I'd do better to ride more, hike less.

I'm glad you're doing so very well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Exocoetidae
Recent bookmarks
Back