THR Seeing the Light!

Hi all. Yes, I was AWOL. Just beginning in May 2019 my mom was seriously injured and then had three major complications and major life changes in the following weeks. I flew from California to Wisconsin and back and forth eight times during that period -- facilitating hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, care, finances, house decisions, getting house ready to sell and selling -- and ultimately moving her to an assisted living facility. No this did not feel good on hips and legs -- I was not strong enough but somehow with Divine help it happened.

Also -- at the very same time, our son in New York became engaged to be married and I started flying also back and forth to NY (different sides of our country, y'all) but doesn't it always go in life that happy and sad go together?! We are SO delighted that she is a lovely girl from a sweet and kind family. The wedding is in THREE WEEKS! And yes -- my feet never did unswell from my surgery so I am wearing black sparkly converse sneakers with my full-length navy sequin modest dress to the wedding.

And -- hips are SUPER ACTING UP and I don't know what to do. Trying so many things.

I hope you are all well and continuing to improve.
I am so grateful to all of you -- I could not have gotten through my difficult time without you.
- Not using my real name but c'mon I am tempted to.

Poor @lovesstars what a lot you've gone through! So sorry for you.Even good things like weddings take their toll on we hippies. Do see your doctor though. It may just be that you joined the ODIC and you just need to rest.

@lovesstars
What a chaotic summer...and I hate to hear you still have hip issues.
My dad and stepmother went into assisted living in January and my son got married in April.
Thankfully all within 100 miles however.
Not near the stress you have had with all your travel.
I'm terribly sorry for the situation with mom but so happy that you are excited about your new daughter in law.
You will rock those converse...
Interestingly enough, my son wore tyedye gray converse with his grey suit when he got married.
Please pop back in when you can and let us know about the wedding and elaborate on your hip problem.
Could righty be complaining now?

Hi Lovestars. Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Bad enough having to look after a poorly mother but with bad hips too? I feel for you. Good news about the wedding though.. Hope things ease off a bit for you.

Hi @lovesstars
It's so good to hear from you. I've thought of you often and wondered how you were doing.
I'm sorry to hear about your mom and the rough few months you experienced with her. I hope she is settled in and you're comfortable with her current living situation in light of the geographical distance between you both.

And now for some joy. A family wedding! How exciting to watch your son marry and how blessed that you love his fiancé and her family. This isn't always the case, as we all know. I'll bet with your long navy sequined dress no one will even notice your Converse. I'm sorry your hips are acting up. I'm sure Lefty is aggravated by all of the travel and activity you've been forced to engage in and I'm wondering if you have arthritis in your non op hip? Have you had it x-rayed lately? The site is set to go down momentarily for several hours but I hope to see you back here later. Take care and stay in touch!

Hi all! thanks for checking in! I was able to get an appointment with (different) OS in a week or two and I am going to ask for imaging. I never even had any kind of followup except for six weeks post-op -- so I think I am due anyway. I am wondering if the right hip has maybe labral issues which have worsened...but we will see.

I have posted my dress for the wedding below. No -- that is not me and not my hair -- and I am like forty years older than that young woman!

Attachments

• IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 154
I don’t personally know you but the dress is beautiful. And it’ll look great on you with your light hair. I think it’s perfect.

@lovesstars ... I agree that the sad and happy are often so close together. Meanwhile, what the heck, I'm so sorry you've had troubles. Yes, you are due for imaging. I HOPE you get answers. Maybe you just need a bit more time.

Hello @lovesstars nice to meet you.. I have to chime in and say that the dress you've chosen is so gorgeous and I love your choice of shoes.. You will rock them both. I am reading through your thread,, wow! So glad to read that you have an appointment with a new OS. Best wishes for some resolution.

Pretty dress! I love navy. Mojo333 wore navy recently as Mother of the Groom. I'm glad to hear you have an appt. Please stay in touch and let us know how it goes.
@lovesstars

thank you! I will let you know.

But also -- even after a year I should be icing???

I think if there is pain and / or swelling, I'd ice.
I don't believe it can hurt anything.

You will look gorgeous.
Hope your appointment sheds some light on the ongoing issues with that hip.
Hope the test of your week is sweet.:flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom