Guest viewing is limited

THR second hip and thankfully the last

Happy One Month Anniversary!
Happy New year too! I hope it's off to a good start for you.
Don't be a stranger, we love updates.
Hope to hear from you soon!
@steveeasy
 
Hi There,
Ok 32 days post surgery. My second THR in 3 months. The first three weeks were ok. lots of rest. frustration at times. hard to see how you can recover. Needs must I had to return to work. was unsure if it would be possible. One week on. I am clearly very lucky. Ive done a full weeks work and quite manual. Today I spent a day off working with my son cutting and chipping trees. I sat on a tractor today and it was comfortable for the first times in years. I can stand up now when ive had a meal in a restaurant, rather than being bent over the table for 30 mins trying to manage to put weight on my leg. So to all those in the early stages of post surgery there is very much light at the end of the tunnel. It was very hard for me, I slept for 3 weeks in a reclining chair.
Now my body has healed and only now I think I might benefit from PT. gentle exercise to stretch and rebuild muscles not used for years. Ive even managed to trott. something ive not done for a while.

Now to spoil my positive post. The ongoing investigation in to my treatment has not finished yet. Ive had my telephone review with my surgeon changed to a meeting with him. Oh they have decided they must xray me too having not bothered post Surgery. Must be like chewing on wasps for the surgeon. Much the same for me!!
All the Best.
Steveeasy
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary, Lefty!
I hope both new hips are doing well. That's a whole lot of healing in a short period of time. You're a champ!
Take good care and stay in touch.
@steveeasy
 
Back
Top Bottom