TKR RTKR April 16, 2021

Oh my goodness, you are one strong lady flying to Germany to help your dad, after a terrible start to your TKR. You've made fantastic progress with your r.o.m. How is your dad doing? I broke my dominant arm 2 years ago and it was very restricting, then I fell on the incision 4 weeks after the ORIF surgery while on vacation in Negril. As my surgeon would tell me every time he saw me at physio, which was in his clinic: "don't fall". He told me that every time and then I fell...ugh!

Hope your dad is going to be okay and you too. Take good care.:SUNsmile:
 
I’m sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope things will go smoothly for both of you. Try to find time to rest, ice and elevate, it’s just as important as helping your Dad. :console2:
 
Dear universe, you may stop now. In addition to continued recovery from the knee replacement, I have now developed Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, not a huge deal, but annoying, And yesterday I jammed my toe in a chair (barefoot) and am quite certain it is broken. Same side as new knee. I have buddy taped it and can walk normally.
 
Muse, I feel for you! Last year I did the same toe-jamming trick and it took forever to heal :hissy: . Enough is enough - you need a break. :prayer:
 
Oh gosh, cant imagine but I can send prayers for both of you.
 
My own recovery has taken a back seat since last Saturday, when I received a call from my 91 year old dad's neighbor that he fell and was in the hospital with a broken arm and the inevitable scrapes and bruises. He lives in Germany. I was on a plane on Sunday, arriving Monday and going straight from the car rental to the hospital to pick him up.

The first couple of days were rough as he could not get up without my help. I likely overdid it a little, but today I took a more restful day and babied the knee. Pain is manageable, but I'm having a hard time keeping the swelling down.
I just read this I’m scheduled for mine in august. My mother, like your father had a fall and broke her shoulder ive been taking care of both parents. I am hoping to do a better job once I have two normal legs. (I know this is irrelevant. To the subject) but anyway I know the stress of a parent with a broken arm
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom