THR Risk of moving femoral stem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can hazard a guess. It would be pretty much all of the muscles concerned with the hip joint and that would be most of the ones named in these two images

[Bonesmart.org] Risk of moving femoral stem


[Bonesmart.org] Risk of moving femoral stem
 
@HolyGamon I merged your 4 threads as per this request One thread for your recovery please?

Now you have one thread, please keep your posts about your own situation in here because it is so much easier to be able to help you and give you the advice you need when we are able to easily see when your surgery was, what other issues you may have had, and what has been going on in your recovery just by looking at one thread instead of bouncing back and forth between two or more other threads.


We also have help articles here, you know! In here How To Use This Forum (it's in the "Help & Info" tab across the top of the page). The article you want is this one How can I find my threads and posts?
 
Oh my. I cannot assist you but I had right THR and they found the same thing - collapsed femur head due to avascular necrosis. Left hip will be done in two weeks. I want to know more from you.


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Due to avascular necrosis my femoral head was squashed flat causing my left leg to be 2.5 cm (1 inch) shorter than my right.

3 months ago I underwent THR on my left leg. The surgeon was able to lengthen the operated leg and my PT has confirmed that my legs are now the same length.

The only ongoing issue I have is tension in the muscles that were lengthened. I have finished with PT and never asked the names of the muscles that would have been stretched by the op. I can feel the tension through my inner thigh, lowers side of back, and groin. I have actually had spasms in the muscles that stretch from the groin to hip.

Has anyone had experience with this?
Would you know which muscles are likely to have been stretched?
Would you know the process muscles go through to return to a normal tension?

Thanks

My leg was lengthened close to an inch. The stretching of muscles, tendons, etc., bothered me in several spots. The IT band has been the bit that has given me the most trouble. I've done a lot of therapy, stretching, rolling, etc., over the years and it still wants to act up now and then. Of course, the IT band isn't a muscle or a tendon and it is pretty resistant to stretching, like a piece of leather, so what really helps is focusing on the attachment points. The inner thigh near my knee and the hamstring were noticeable and took a few years before they stopped bothering me.

I'm sure there are scientific explanations and proper methods of dealing with this but I used a combo of stretching, massage, rolling and applied heat. Slow process but eventually made things better for me.
 
I had my post- and pre-op appt. My right hip was replaced 10/3. Second was to be 12/12, but found out right femur stem moved. They need to redo. Both will be done at same time.

I do have pain in right thigh. Now I know why.


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom