Guest viewing is limited

Right Total Knee Replacement

Had my pre op today so realizing how quick Monday is getting here. The nurse said things had changed since I had my last TKR in 2010. Mainly that the doctors send you home a lot quicker, in some instances just stay in hospital one day. She said I would have pain management and they would be on top of it. I sure hope so. The last TKR the nurses sure wasn't. I felt better by having it done in another hospital where they seem to understand how it was with my last one. My pain gets worse every day. Now a muscle in my calf is so sore, making it hurt when I walk. Feels like it does the next day after having a severe Charlie horse. It feels like it pops out. Has anyone experienced this? I am looking forward to getting this behind me and start recovering with each new day.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Right Total Knee Replacement
@bonetobone, from the November surgery list thread back into your own personal thread. The surgery list thread is primarily for letting members see who is having surgery the same month they are so they can connect with one another in each others' personal threads. Questions, concerns, and sharing experiences get much more attention in individual threads than in the surgery list thread.

Take care and keep us posted. We care! [Bonesmart.org] Right Total Knee Replacement
 
Sorry, @bottomshollow, I'm still trying to figure out how to do things on the site. Thanks for moving my post to right area. I really enjoy reading all the experiences and everyone coming together to lift everyone up before and after surgery.
 
You'll get more answers this way, too. :) Most of the people in the monthly group thread haven't had this surgery yet.

My pre-surgical left knee (which was also my worst one) would sometimes develop a sore calf muscle when I hyperextended it. It was in bad shape and a wrong step, particularly going up stairs, would pull the calf muscle. Eventually that knee got so bad it wouldn't bend enough to go up a step, which ended the problem. Your issue might be something totally different, even how you sleep at night, or sit, or walk... when a knee is in bad shape, other body parts get unhappy too.
 
Back
Top Bottom