TKR right tka

beledi

Country
United States United States
My surgery was done on the 11th of Oct. My Pt is going well. I go to the doctor for post op today. Hope to get all the staples removed. Surgery went well but I am still having pain and using pain pills and ice. I am taking vitamins and have a good diet. Also drinking Boost. I had a spinal and they also gave me something called "on-Q" . I just feel tired.

Hi @beledi A very warm welcome to BoneSmart. You are bound to be still having pain and fatigue at this early stage, so rest as much as you can. I hope the staple removal is not too uncomfortable.
You'll find lots of really great information and support here, we're happy you joined us.
Tabby xxx

beledi,
Welcome back to BoneSmart!

Sounds like you right on schedule for less than 2 weeks after a TKR. Fatigue is normal after this major surgery.

Here is the post op reading for you, it has changed a little since your first TKR.
Let us know how your post op visit goes.

First is the reading - everybody gets a free copy of the recovery reading!

Here are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock as prescribed
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lay down!

Next is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread.

And here are some very crucial articles
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?
Energy drain for TKRs

Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Activity progression for TKRs
Heel slides and how to do them

Extension: how to estimate it and ways to improve it

Elevation is the key
Ice to control pain and swelling

Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR

Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

If this helps you in any way some friends took me to a movie last night. I had my RTKA the same day. I was wiped out when I got home. I get my tape off on Wednesday and while I normally didn't need pain meds I do need them for this. We will keep up with each other's journey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the good wishes. Staple removal went well. Xray look terrific. Doctor very pleased.

How do I upload a picture from my phone please?

If you are using the BoneSmart app, go to reply, on the bottom left to right there is a camera, a Mountain icon, and a bird. Click on the mountain icon and you will be taken to your photos, click on a photo, then click upload. Next click on reply. Your photo will down load and appear in your post.

I could not find the bonesmart app. I have an android phone.

Hi @beledi glad to hear your staples are out, you should be more comfortable now. I wish I could have had the On Q pain relief, I couldn't tolerate any opioids and had to manage with paracetamol.
I use an iPad and to post a photo I just click 'upload a file', then click 'choose file' then chose a photo from my photo library. If you are not able to do it, I'm sure @dianehelen will be able to help you.

I need to upload from m nexus 6p phone.

I need to upload from m nexus 6p phone.

are you using an app on the phone or reading the forum with a browser? if you let me know, i can give you step by step instruction to post a pic. im assuming the nexus phone is android. do you know if it is kitkat or marshmallow operating system? let me know and i try to help :)

marshmallow android phone. I am using computer to read forum. Need to post photo from my phone. Thanks in advance for the help.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Salvo12
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom