THR RGS's First THR June 25

sundae

Country
United States United States
I've had in home PT for 4 weeks per my OS orders. I did find it helpful overall. The PT was very gentle. I don't know that I would have gone out for PT due to Covid and that all the PT places near me are large practices with crowded rooms.

OP
OP
R

RGS

Country
Hi friends! I’m on day 20 post op THR. I’m doing so much better than the first week or so. It was really rough going for a while, but everyone said hang in there and it’ll get easier, and you were right! I have my first check up today, so I’m anxious to see what my doctor says. My biggest problem at the moment is not being able to sleep at night! It’s driving me crazy! Yesterday I did not take a nap at all during the day, and still couldn’t fall asleep til 4:00 am! I am down to one Oxy per day. I’ve been taking it in the morning, but I’m wondering if I should take it at night instead if it will help me to sleep. I’m afraid of becoming dependent on meds to sleep though. Please give me your thoughts on this. Thank you so much again for all your support and advice when I was going through a really hard time. Roberta (RGS) ❤❤❤

Pumpkln

Country
@RGS
You'll notice that I have merged your newest post with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.

Pumpkln

Country

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Sleep during recovery is a common topic here. Some complain of feeling tired all the time and sleeping too much, others, like you, find sleep elusive.

It is usually difficult for most to assume their favored sleeping position. I found having a lot of pillows to surround myself with really helped me get comfortable and drift off. A pillow here, a pillow there, a pillow everywhere. If you’re unable to sleep in your normal bed, that could contribute also.

The stress of surgery, change in routine and any pain or discomfort you’re experiencing could be waking you, or keeping you from sleeping. Talk to your surgeon about it today and consider a natural supplement like Melatonin if you’re concerned about meds. If you’re not already, do all the simple things like avoiding caffeine too close to bed time, make sure the room temp is comfortable and your sleeping space is dark enough.

Hope you catch some Z’s soon :sleep: Let us know how your appt goes.
@RGS

OP
OP
R

RGS

Country
Thx so much Layla. I’ll speak to the doctor today!!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Happy One Month Anniversary!
How have you been doing over the past week?
Hope you’re sleeping better these days and have sweet dreams tonight! :yawn: :sleep:
@RGS

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
kittyphd
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom