Hip Arthroscopy Question about Post-OP Pain (5 Weeks)

@EricC I don't personally think numbers are good or bad except to the person rating and experiencing them. Your OS had no way of predicting your post op pain level, so if you're happy s/he will be too, perhaps. At the first followup I have this feeling all they want is a good xray and a good-looking incision, no fever and a smile from the patient. My OS does followups at 2 weeks, 5-7 months, and 12 months. For both hips he said, at the second visit, you're good to go and only come back if you have a problem. I'm guessing that he's happy when some esoteric orthopedic xray thing is visible to him. I never bothered to ask! :heehee:
 
It's week 15 now, and it feels like a switch has been flipped in my hip. My pain has mostly been between 0 and 1 for over a week now. The worst pain I experienced was about a 2, and that only lasted for a few hours. I am walking outside without problems. I have used the elliptical at the maximum resistance setting a couple of times this week, up to 20 minutes each session, and it's barely causing any soreness anymore. I am still doing it at a slow speed, but it feels good to have next to no pain the day after.

On my off days I use my exercise bike for about 10 minutes and do low intensity exercises. I've been walking a lot more as well. I think I'm on the mend.

Sitting does not seem to irritate my hip anymore.
 
All wonderful news, Eric. May it only get better.

Please stay in touch. These positive updates are encouraging to those following behind. Thanks for taking the time to share, it is appreciated.

A great weekend to you! :SUNsmile:
@EricC
 
Month 5 update
Daily life is pain free. I can walk long distances over uneven terrain without problems. I have started using my elliptical at a faster pace, and experience no pain the day after anymore. I only use the elliptical every other day, to give my hip some time to rest. If I do more demanding exercise multiple days in a row I can still get a bit sore.

I jogged for a short while, and it didn't cause pain the following day either. I will be attempting the rowboat again soon. I still have not attempted to run. I don't feel confident in that yet.
 
Hi Eric,
Thank you for updating. It’s nice to hear from you and encouraging for those following behind you. It sounds as though you’re doing really well. It’s wise you’re using a measured approach then taking into consideration how you’re feeling before engaging further.
Heres to you feeling steadier, stronger and better month by month.
A belated Happy Five Month Anniversary to you! Please stay in touch.
@EricC
 
You sound like you're doing really well and taking things slow and easy. Continue listening to your body and you'll do great! Happy 5 Months!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom