Bilateral THR Possible Psoas impingement still an issue after 18 months

What does it mean if the surgeon divides the psoas tendon from its attachment to the lesser trochanter??
Not a lot. The lesser trochanter is a bony protuberance on the inner side of the femur. But there are two structures attached to it (see the red and blue arrows) - the psoas major and the iliacus. Both these do pretty much the same thing so dividing the psoas wouldn't make much difference except to remove that part of the structure that is being made sore!

[Bonesmart.org] Possible Psoas impingement still an issue after 18 months
 
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I think that actually, the cortisone injection has more success than this and it's not a surgical procedure.
 
Hi @AnnieC
I wondered how you were getting on?

Hi Zelda, I’ve not visited this forum for quite a while ....
My left hip is 100% other than for some residual muscle weakness in the upper thigh.
The right hip is still another story. I call it snap crackle and pop. The psoas pain and impingement is still with me. If I walk any distance I have referred pain into the buttock. I’ve since had bilateral knee replacements 9 weeks ago. Fortunately the right knee is the good one this time. The left knee is giving me uphill.
But, it’s a work in progress. At my last knee checkup my os suggested we do a scan to see what exactly and where exactly the impingement is.
What a roller-coaster ride this has been [emoji849]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom