Guest viewing is limited

TKR Popliteus tendon

is focusing on a possible spine issue causing my knee problems. I do realize spine issues can affect knees, but I don’t agree my spine is the cause of my poor outcome
At first my surgeon was considering if I had a spinal issue but I knew there was nothing wrong with my spine - I’m hypermobile so very flexible and never had any issue with my spine at all.

The physios were all saying I had a tight hamstring and I was enduring hamstring massage by them which was horrendous and it was only when I saw my surgeon again and kept on telling him my symptoms that he started looking further. He did some research as he had come across this once before so he sent me for an ultrasound and they could clearly see the problem. I was then given heavy painkillers to help me sleep until surgeon was comfortable to operate again given risks of rejection/infection. I also had lidocaine local anaesthetic patches to help me sleep but nothing worked. He then said no choice but op and hey presto it’s so much better!

Good luck in trying to get to the bottom of your issue. Perseverance is key to get the right outcome x
 
This is fantastic news! I understand your struggles and am so happy that you have found relief. I am having arthroscopic surgery Feb. 9th to release my popliteus and hope that I have the same success.
Honestly it’s amazing!! 10 whole months of no sleep and immense pain when I straightened my leg and when walking and this is something else. I finally feel like I have the new knee I was hoping for. Do let me know how your surgery goes. To be honest the pain relief was so apparent almost immediately! I look forward to hearing more from you - good luck!!
Sorry just to add that surgeon has literally just cut completely through what was left of the Popliteus and it will wither away as I no longer need it. When I have my other knee done in a year or two guess what I’ll be asking him to remove at the same time!!!
 
Hi DMcM, you are doing just fine. We are in this recovery for a very, very long time. I like reading the success stories here. All the best to you.
 
Back
Top Bottom