Guest viewing is limited

PKR Penny Lane's Recovery Thread

There seems to be with a fairly large number of medical professionals that have had this surgery who are surprised about this recovery.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Well it's six weeks post op for me tomorrow Jan 9th and the time has flown and progress has been made. I am coming continuing to experience intermittent nerve pain within the knee; which is irritating. This has disrupted my beauty sleep too and I am still impatient with the recovery process. A tight band remains to my knee and some days ( like today)... is clamp like and painful.

I have been swimming and feel better for that along with dropping some weight to help my joints. Would love to go back to work as a Community Nurse but realise I cannot manage that just yet !(more frustration)


Op date Nov 28th 2016
Partial medial knee replacement
 
Your tight band pain could be swelling from too much activity. It's very easy to overdo in a pool and feel the consequences later. At six weeks you're very early to be swimming.
 
@Penny Lane I had a PKR left Medial two years ago. I think you have are having a good recovery although the nerve pain is annoying. It took ages to go up and down using alternate feet and I still do it using baby steps now and again but can do it really well the ordinary way. My knee is great - but I did it the Bonesmart way - did not rush anything and it worked well. I have a bend of +145 degrees. Don't be tempted to rush it as you could have set backs and why have needless pain when we get there in the end? I can walk for miles now and run a walking group. I never think about my knee except for an odd twinge but I glad every day that I had it done. Good luck with your recovery
 
Your tight band pain could be swelling from too much activity. It's very easy to overdo in a pool and feel the consequences later. At six weeks you're very early to be swimming.

My physio has advised me to swim [emoji97][emoji97]
I am being gentle and not doing breast stroke [emoji1]


Penny Lane [emoji4]
 
There seems to be with a fairly large number of medical professionals that have had this surgery who are surprised about this recovery.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is true as you never really appreciate how hard it is until you're the patient and not the one giving advice.
Now I have true Empathy for fellow knee replacement patients.


Penny Lane [emoji4]
 
My physio has advised me to swim [emoji97][emoji97]
I am being gentle and not doing breast stroke [emoji1]


Penny Lane [emoji4]

Ps had tight band since three weeks post op.
So not a new problem I was sent a link as to the rationale and it's all part of the health by process.


Penny Lane [emoji4]
 
@Penny Lane I had a PKR left Medial two years ago. I think you have are having a good recovery although the nerve pain is annoying. It took ages to go up and down using alternate feet and I still do it using baby steps now and again but can do it really well the ordinary way. My knee is great - but I did it the Bonesmart way - did not rush anything and it worked well. I have a bend of +145 degrees. Don't be tempted to rush it as you could have set backs and why have needless pain when we get there in the end? I can walk for miles now and run a walking group. I never think about my knee except for an odd twinge but I glad every day that I had it done. Good luck with your recovery

Hello are you under 50 too??
[emoji51][emoji51]


Penny Lane [emoji4]
 
Penny Lane, you can read about each of these folks in their recovery threads. Just click on their Username and then in the Profile Box that pops up, click on Profile Page. Click on the information tab and scroll down. You'll see a list of their threads and you can pick their recovery thread to read.
 
@pennylane short story is that my recovery is going extremely well. I'm on Day 12 and am way ahead of where I thought I would be and I had pretty high expectations for my recovery. Long story......probably be easier to go to my recovery thread as I've used it basically as a journal.

I'm 46, almost 47
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom