Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Partial Revision Failure

Best of luck in your search, Cementless. I hope you find the perfect match in one of the recommendations above, feel confident in his diagnosis and trust he can help you. Please stay in touch and know we're always available for support.
I hope today is a good one.
@Cementless
 
@Jamie, well we can write off Dr. Stefan Kreuzer. He is the one that did my revision surgery and whom I am speaking about. :no-fin: I got his name from BoneSmart originally in 2018, that is why I used him.

I will check out the other names. Thank you so much!!! :praying:
 
I think your current doctor doesn't know how to treat your knee. When I moved my the area and had to find another doctor 30 or so years ago, the first doctor I went to told me to go to someone who knew how to deal with knees without kneecaps. I appreciated his honesty with me and eventually, I found the perfect OS for me! I think your doctor telling you to go elsewhere is a good thing for you. You don't want to go to someone who doesn't have the know-how to fix your knee.
 
Oh goodness, I'll have to make a note that it's Dr. Kreuzer you're having problems with. That does happen sometimes, even with good surgeons. There are just some cases or patients that they don't "click" with for whatever reason. Don't get discouraged, though. You are fortunate to live in an area where there should be many choices for revision surgeons to consult with. My list is by no means "it" and there are most certainly some doctors out there that I'm not aware of.
 
@Jamie, I have a (tentative) appointment with Dr. Terry A. Clyburn on Jan. 10, 2023 @ 1pm, if he agrees to do a second opinion. What concerns me is that I could have seen him next week but wanted the second week in January 2023. Is that silly thinking? I thought good doctors were hard to get in to see? :shrug:
 
Yay, for having an appointment this soon! It would probably be a good idea to not tell him anything that any other doctor has said. That way he won't be tempted to agree with them before looking at your results. You want everything to be fresh and new to him.
 
I agree with, Pumpkin, that it could have been a cancelation but I believe these surgeon's have surgery days and "in office" days and maybe you just got lucky that he had an opening that hasn't worked for anyone else for some reason.
Best wishes you two click and you get the help and relief you're seeking.
@Cementless
 
I would not worry about being able to get in to see this doctor fairly easily. Many doctors see their appointments decline after the first of the year because people's insurance resets at the first of the year and they may have to start up copays again. Also, it's tax time and people worry about that too.
 
It would probably be a good idea to not tell him anything that any other doctor has said. That way he won't be tempted to agree with them before looking at your results. You want everything to be fresh and new to him.
I'm not sure about that...they want me to bring ALL my previous records and this is for "a second opinion" whether the tibial implant is loose.
 
I agree you should take all your text results, but not tell him what your current doctor says. You don't want the new doctor leaning toward your old doctor's thoughts. You what the new doctor to have his own, unbiased diagnosis.
 
I agree you should take all your text results, but not tell him what your current doctor says. You don't want the new doctor leaning toward your old doctor's thoughts. You what the new doctor to have his own, unbiased diagnosis.
I do need to point him in the right direction regarding the second opinion:
1. NM bone scan: suggest loosening of the tibial component of the left knee prosthesis.
2. Osteolysis of the patella around the patella button.
 
I probably won't be using Dr. Terry A. Clyburn for a revision surgery! I have not decided whether to keep my appointment with him for the second opinion after reading this terrible review on Google:
tanis robinson

2 reviews
a year ago
Dr Clyburn did my surgery years ago. I still have problems with it. He cut it open three times. First, he put the wrong size part in it. Second, I got an infection. Third he had to take the infection out. The scare tissue is so bad in it, that it pulls on my whole leg. No feeling in it at all still to this day. And then he didn’t see it through, he quit on me. Then it was hard finding a doctor that would take care of this mess he left. A mess he left me with. I still can’t use this knee very well. But if he would have put the right part in the first time, I would have never had to get it redone. Another doctor in my hometown had to threaten him to see about the infection that was in it, or I was going to lose my leg. And yes, it still hurts and no I would not use him.
 
Why don't you try after the New Year to get this resolved. Not only are you having trouble with your knee/leg this is causing you increased anxiety. A couple weeks either way isn't going to make a huge difference. The good news is you don't have an infection. Try to enjoy the holidays and take a break.
 
@Flashlight, I agree about the increased anxiety. I am carrying the stress in my neck when I sleep. Definitely I am very stressed! I just want to set up the appointments with possible revision orthopedics this week for the new year.
I am now looking at Dr. Albert D. Cuellar. I like his bio. I wish I could find out how old he is.
Thanks for caring.
 
I wish I could find out how old he is.
Doing a quick search it looks like he's 65? Lots of experience under his belt which is a good thing. I hope you're able to connect with him, or another one of the recommended revision surgeons soon and formulate a plan that brings you relief. A great week to you!
 
@Layla, thank you! His picture looks like he might be around 65. Very seasoned and excellent reviews.
He is an hour away from where I live but that is OK. :fingersx:

[Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
 
I decided against Dr. Cuellar too.
I have an appointment with Dr. Vasilios Mathews (Fondren Orthopedic Group) on Jan. 25th at 12:30pm. I saw him once before in August 2018, for a second opinion prior to my revision.
 
I wish you luck with whoever you choose. Hopefully the surgeon you selected to meet with next month is able to help you get back to a life without pain. Please keep us posted.
@Cementless
 
FYI: Something I found very interesting about NM Bone Scans: they may read positive up to 5 years after a revision or failed TKR! No wonder my present ortho surgeon said, "he doesn't believe in bone scans". I found this out by talking to a former HS classmate that is a retired radiologist yesterday.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom