OMG!!! The Nuclear Stress Test!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nana,
That's exactly what happened to me! How did your cath turn out? Were you clear of blockages?
I wish they had told me that the stress test is sometimes wrong, I spent a week planning my death and staying in bed!

Ouch! Twenty-two kids...oh my. Well, we know he and Mom knew how to do ONE thing right. I guess if you're on a farm, all those hands might be needed. Still......a LOT of kids!!!

Yeah, I remember my dad saying that he could never get in trouble as a kid, because when he did something wrong, having 23 kids names to remember, by the time his parents got his name right, he was way down the street. LOL

Funny!!! Your Dad must have been a card!!!

Holidays must definitely be FUN around your place! Stay positive! :)

Thanks Karen........yeah, good thing they are all out of state, and we don't keep in touch......or we'd go broke buying gifts for every one!
My dad's baby brother (the youngest) is 57 in NC, and a real sweet guy, with a slight Forrest Gump accent. He is the only one we keep in touch with.

Hop
That is an incredible family. I can not even imagine that. While you were laying around thinking your heart was done, i was waiting to have more siezures .
As far as surgery being over. I sure hoped so, but the left knee was set for a knee scope once the right one is healed. I don't know when that would be. My knee that was scoped adn microfractured gets evaluated at pt next week.

By then you will have a new hip. I am glad you do not have too many days to wait. Do you have your supply of stool softners. I just bought some more today. Raised toilet seat?

Judy

Is Benefiber good?

Judy, how did all this happen to you? Were you in an accident? Do they know what is causing the seizures? Is it fixable? I thought I had it bad, but i feel bad knowing you have so much more going on.
I know I have to have abrain MRI after the hip is done, because when I had a brain MRI 6 months ago, they found a small non-cancerous meningioma in the crown area. I have to get it checked again to make sure it is not the growing kind, that could lead to seizures. It was only 1/2 inch big, and I am hoping it stays that way so it can be left alone. But with all the radiation I've been through these past few months, thats not good. I think these things feed off of radiation. So there could be a craniotomy or gamma-knife in my near future too. I hope not though...... I am sick of hospitals and doctors offices already.
I had to re-do the pre-op blood work today at thr doctors office, and re-do the pre-op bloodwork at the hospital on Monday.

I don't kknkow about benefiber. I think that just adds fiber. I use ducolax and miralax. I consulted my gastro dr. before my hip replacement. In the hospital they allso gave me miralax and ducolax.
I buy them both at Target.
As far as the seizures the theory that my neurololgist left me with is the pain was so intense it caused my blood pressure to rise dangerously high, then cause a stroke which caused seizures or just caused the seizures.

As far as the joints being so severly dengenerated my spine surgeon has just started looking for autoimmune causes. I do have hypopituitarism, my master gland is not producing what it should. So I do have a lot of replacement hormones. I read on adult growth hormone deficiency that it does cause a rapid acceleration of the degeneration process. We will see if any of my docs come up with anything.
I think part of my problem is I go into dr's offices and do not really complain, I always love to exercise and keep in pretty good shape even if it is killing me!!! So smiling etc a lot of people do not seriously believe something is wrong. I had that problem in Georgia for 3 years. My blood pressure there surprised me some times with it being at stroke level without the intense pain. I have tried to tell the neurologist and others as I am concerned. It just gets dismissed, along with my 40 resting pulse and my EKG saying abnormal all over it!!!

Oh well live goes on.
The hip is awesome and if I have to have the left one done, really no big deal. Soon you will be there also. I hope your brain thingy somehow magically disappears. I am supposed to have a tumor on my pituitary gland , but it is not there!!!
judy

Wow Judy....
Have you been to a neuroscience center yet? I would keep shopping for doctors until you find the one that pieces it all together for you. Maybe there is a neurosurgeon that is thorough enough to find the root of the problem, and correct it.
You have been through more than anyone here! I am hoping they find the source so you don't ever have worry about seizures again. Do you drive?
Never give up-----keep shopping as long as your insurance lets you!

I was worried about driving . all doctors have said to drive. i do not go if feeling the effects of pain meds and stay close. I really just go to dr apts, pt and to pick up my son from school. I try to time pain meds so for a few hours after I take them I am not driving.

Judy

Hop along
My cardiac cath turned out fine and since it was only 18 months before my surgery I just had to do an office visit to get clearance from him for the OS.

Hang in there!!

Judy! You'll know when its time to drive! Don't feel pressured! ::)

I had that last year for my weight loss surgery and they did the radioactive injections before and after and did 45 minutes of special xrays before and after omg and my iv ran for six minutes and believe me I am sure you know that that extra two minutes is like a life time. I am glad its over for you shivers I was so scared they would want to do that again this year with my hip replacement but because it was just a little less then a year they let me go with a EKG.

Whew! LadyLisa!! Good thing they didn't make you have the stress test again. I think they over dosed me on that heart racing drug because it took 8 days for my chest cavity to stop hurting after. That stress test was actually worse than the heart catheter and the THR combined!

My visiting nurse told me I have the resting heart rate of an athlete. She didn't sweat the 55 BPM's like my doctor did. The funny thing is that I was an athlete 10-years ago (ran 4 miles every day), but for the past few years I have been totally unactive and overweight......strange how my heart still pumps like an athlete 10-years later.

Hop,,,,,in answer to your question....because
(Heart) muscles have memory!
How are YOU feeling? :)

Hop,,,,,in answer to your question....because
(Heart) muscles have memory!
How are YOU feeling? :)

Wow Judles....then those running years paid off well....I think.
Doing good now.....I just started a new thread "Drainage" regarding today's events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member