Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ny grandma's Knee Replacement Nov 10th

Sounds like you are being careful with the heating pad, falling asleep on a heating pad can lead to severe burns.

When my knee gets cold in the winter I pin a piece of fleece in my pants, that may help you doing the day.
I have the heating pad that heats up in the microwave. So when it gets cold I can reheat it
 
Hi All. Well it’s 6 weeks and there is a lot of improvements. Walking without the cane, driving, going up and down stairs without problems. Range of motion is good. Actually able to use the bike. Scar is actually looking better.My only problem is pain at night. Still can’t sleep well. Tried the heating pad with mixed results. I try and stay up late till I’m very tired and hope I will go right to sleep. Hopefully that will work itself out. Thanks to this sight, I get a lot of great information.
happy New Year to all
 
@Ny grandma Sorry you are still having sleep problems. All part of this recovery I am afraid.

If you are awake in the wee hours tonight be sure to join us in the Community forums for our New Years Party. You can even bring a virtual snack. Here is a link to the forum were the party will be held. Community Room Hope to see you there.
 
Hello all 6 weeks today... doing well with range of motion and walking, stairs etc. I still have pain at night and can’t sleep. my knee is still swollen. Today it look like the skin is darker and it feels warm to touch. I’m going to wait till morning and if it still feels this way I’m going to call the doctor. Any ideas? Infection maybe?
 
At 6 weeks swelling and warmth are normal. The warmth is a sign that healing is going on. You want it warm but not hot. If it's hotter than normal for more than a few hours, call your doctor. Extra heat is normal after activities but it should go back to the normal warmth.
 
Hi All
its 9 weeks and honestly I’m getting very upset with my recovery. I’m walking fine, stairs are no problem and my Physical Therapist is great. BUT I still can’t sleep at night, and I am in alot of pain. My biggest concern is in addition to pain above knee, below knee, right side of knee and left side of knee. I have muscle pain on the right side from my ankle to my knee and now have it behind my knee. I went to pick up a slipper and hurt my back. I just sat on the bed and cried. I haven’t cried since my father died. I spoke to the physical therapist and he tried to stretch the muscles. I called the surgeon and have an appointment tomorrow. I’m usually very optimistic but honesty I’m sorry I had the surgery. Any suggestions? Sorry to sound so depressing.
 
It’s so easy to get upset and frustrated in this long, slow recovery. :console2:

Here are two articles from your Recovery Guidelines that you might like to reread:


Your pain may be an indication that you are doing more activity than your healing knee is ready for. You might want to also reread this article:
 
It does get very frustrating and the emotions are all over the place. I remember breaking down in the hospital after one of the surgeries. Poor doctor didn't know what to do...lol

My shoulder surgeon had a great discharge package. I was given meds for pain, nausea and sleep without even asking. You might want to ask your PCP for something to help you sleep. I would also fall asleep with my Iceman on. It seemed to be the best thing for pain. Getting the recliner was a good idea.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom