Revision TKR Here I go again!<<.

While usually people do get as far as they will by 9 months, you are a different story since you are having adhesions removed and now should get further. With pretty gentle but very frequent stretching, exercise bike and more walking I've gotten from 90 (at 5 months) to 105 at almost 6 months despite adhesions. PT said they still felt like they were giving some when OS had me quit PT at 5 months and slowly they have. Difference between 90 and 105 is huge in what I can do and amount of pain, so good luck! You don't have to settle yet! Keep things mobile without causing more pain!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I had arthroscopic removal of scar tissue last Thursday. The surgeon also manipulated it also. He said that he got it to 100. I was a bit disappointed because that's all of the flex that he got while I was under. My home therapist has been more gentle( love her!) and we got to 100 on Monday. She led me to think that if the surgeon got me to 100 under anesthesia, that may be what I have to live with. If that's my reality, I can accept that because I have little pain( just residual surgery pain- nothing like that arthfibrosis pain of ripping and tearing).

I stretch daily and ice and elevate much more than I used too. I'm still hopeful that I get to my goal of 115!

Hi Jordon! Hopefully you will surprise your home therapist and surgeon with your goal of 115 flexion, perhaps even more! I hope so!

:SUNsmile:

At 9 months you're pretty much where your ROM is going to be.

While usually people do get as far as they will by 9 months,
We keep telling people here on BoneSmart that recovery from a knee replacement is a year-long process. Some people find it takes even longer. It was about 15 months before my right knee felt completely recovered and even now, at over four years since the surgery, I find that on some days my ROM has increased. On other days or when I'm tired, my ROM drops back a bit again.

Where you are at 9 months is not necessarily where you will be for ever. At 9 months, your knee is still a work in progress.

If you're like me you may find that even if you don't get to an ideal bend, your knee will continue to become more functional over the months. I had limited bend for years before the surgery so it was unlikely I was going to get to an ideal bend. But I found over the months I could do things more and more easily.

So true! I've found that I've become so obsessed over my knee that I've missed out on life. I'm a mom of two wonderful boys who are great, have a teaching job where I have great first graders and a supportive husband. I've got to just continue living whatever my reality is!

Thanks for reminding me!

AWESOME!!!

Here I go again!<<.

Wonderful on your 105 bend! I hope I can say that soon after my MUA on Mon. Hope things just keep getting better for you!

• Agree
Reactions: Suz
It's been 4 weeks today that I had a lysis of adhesions and MUA. My bend is stuck at 100---105 with a hard push. I have read others on this forum that got more ROM up to a year but it's been 10 months since my TKR. I guess Im trying to figure out if I should still be hopeful about gaining ROM or should I learn to live with what I have?

I also have a slight limp that I've been working by walking daily. I'm icing often, elevating, and massaging and still have little progress.

I'm very frustrated!

My advice is just start living - 100 to 105 is far better than 90. I'm at the same point and it may be all I get but what I'm doing is trying to do the things I want and enjoy life, always with the hope it will still improve. But at this point if I dwell on it all the time, I feel worse and am letting life pass me by.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

You're so right. I know this in my head, just can't convince my heart yet Thanks @charmed-life for your encouragement!

What kind of recovery timeline should I expect after the lysis of adhesion/MUA? I still have some residual pain and soreness.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member