TKR Not Hopeless now -road to Recovery

I don't blame you for being upset about the gel packs. Glad you got the situation resolved.
 
How are you feeling these days? Are you still at the rehab facility? I hope they gave you your gel packs back! Give us an update when you feel up to it!
 
Update,,,,, Pain was lessening at 4 weeks post-op, and doing PT at home. Therapist coming to my home 3 X week, until week 5, when she told me "no more using wheelchair" I tried that, not working. Then she said at begin of week 6 I could walk with a cane and ditch the walker. Tried that and now have hortible sciatica. Ive never seen a PT in such a hurry to get done with therapy!! So I should be healed at 6 weeks post op?? so I quit PT !!! good riddance!!! And then of course got a slip to drive to a place for PT. So so frustrating, as now my lower back is wacked out from trying to walk too much too soon!!! So take note people!!

So thankful for all the info here!! and felt soooo muvh better after re-reading the "Activity Progression" chart by weeks. Everyone is different, I know, but I pushed myself for the therapist and regret it. After all it is MY knee, not hers!!!

I also have a concern, sometimes I hear the new knee pop. I am at 6 weeks + post op. I also am somtimes flaring my TKR leg slightly out to the right when walking with cane not sure why? takes an effort to keep my legs aligned,, thinking about it , rather than just letting my brain do what it wants. Anyone notice that happening? I will definitely tell my surgeon Oct 18 for my 2nd followup and hopefully xray.
 
It's not at all unusual for your knee to make noises. It's normal and it happens because, instead of the relatively softer bone and cartilage, you now have hard metal and plastic parts moving over one another.
As long as it doesn't hurt, the noises are nothing to worry about.
Clicking/clunking knee joint after surgery

I tend to walk upstairs with my right leg going out to the side a bit before moving forward. For me the reason is I don’t have enough of a bend to walk up the steps the right way. Practice walking heel to toes with both legs. The more you do it the sooner your brain will get the picture and you won’t have to think about it anymore.
 
Too many of us have pushed our limits because we were told to. I’m glad you now recognize you don’t have to do that!

In the early months of recovery our body is healing and just out of sorts. As you heal many things will fall into place on their own. I didn’t worry about my non perfect gait in those early times and I walk fine now. Like newly bionic said, I did think heel to toe when walking, but it wasn’t something I focused on every time I walked.
 
Thanks Jockette and newlybionic. I need to make that heel to toe effort more often I know.

Also I have good ROM, at week 5 was 102,, might be useful info. for someone.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom