THR New THR Right - Hello!

@Layla, Thank you! Is it normal to still have swelling around the incision after 6 weeks? I’m still applying ice and elevating my legs at night at this time.

I would say yes. I recall numbness more than swelling, but we’re all different. A lot of trauma took place beneath the surface causing internal inflammation and external swelling. Some people experience swelling for months. Continue to ice the area and I’d suggest you do it for 45-60 minutes each time you ice. You can do it more than once a day also. The only symptoms you would need to be concerned about follow -
Fever
Unusual or increasing pain
The incision is hot to the touch
A change in the size of the incision
A change in the odor of the discharge
A yellow or green discharge that is increasing
Redness or hardening of the surrounding area
Excessive bleeding that has soaked through the incision

Happy Saturday...I hope you have a lovely weekend!

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you’ve been doing well over the past three weeks and enjoying progress.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2021!
@2ndChanceHip

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon: :banana-santa: :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:

@Layla, Hello I’m doing better as far walking and driving back and forth to work. Sometimes I still deal with stiffness from sitting too long. I’ve lost 12lbs. since surgery, just haven’t had much of an appetite. But, my hip progress is still coming along well.
Having the hip surgery has been an answer to prayer and yet my ulcerative colitis took a hard hit and flared up with the meds early on after the hip surgery and I’m still trying to get back into remission.
I’m looking forward to fully recovering in total overall health!
Thank you and Happy Holidays

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you enjoyed the holidays. Congrats on the weight loss, assuming you’re
happy with it. With any luck your ulcerative colitis flare has eased and you’re feeling confident in your progress. May you only feel stronger and steadier from here on out. We’re rooting for you!
@2ndChanceHip

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Alwaysknitting
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom