Guest viewing is limited

Nervousness setting in..TLK Dec.18 2013 after TRK 9/3/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations, according to my calculations you should be in a haze and on the other side. Hope all is well and that your surgery went uneventful. Looking forward to reading all about it. Once again congratulations! ! Time to rest , ice and elevate. Oh !! And manage the pain.
 
Happy Spring!

I seem to find myself reading lots of posts however never posting...my bad! However I must say I have picked up some really really great 'stuff' along the way :~) So thanks so much to all of you who post!
What I find myself doing on some days is checking to see how individuals are doing that had surgery around the same time as I! And I know this isn't really fair as everyone is different. Some are just returning from trips, some are struggling and some seem to be milestones ahead.
It'll be nice to one day wake up and say... .'Wow, I am so happy I had both knee replacements!'

It's great to be alive and many are battling a lot more out there than aftermath of total knee replacements.
I try to count my blessings daily as everyday is a gift.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Nervousness setting in..TLK Dec.18 2013 after TRK 9/3/13
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart®1397243289.900885.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 172
@Kathysbeautybiz...

This Friday will mark our 4-month anniversaries for our second knees. I hope that your recovery is going well and you're regaining your freedom and your "old life" back. I'm happy to report that things are going very well. I'm increasing the distance that I can walk, I can stand still for long periods without pain, and I've returned to my yoga class. It's a "special needs" class, but it's getting better all the time! I see "Warrior Pose" in my future!

Take care,
Elaine
 
After two knee replacements you have earned your warrior pose both in and out of yoga! Good for you.
Pippi


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Kathysbeautybiz...

This Friday will mark our 4-month anniversaries for our second knees. I hope that your recovery is going well and you're regaining your freedom and your "old life" back. I'm happy to report that things are going very well. I'm increasing the distance that I can walk, I can stand still for long periods without pain, and I've returned to my yoga class. It's a "special needs" class, but it's getting better all the time! I see "Warrior Pose" in my future!

Take care,
Elaine
Thanks! :~) Just wondering...how things are going with you now? Yoga sounds like good and thinking I may do this too. Looking forward to get back to my 'distant walking' among other things. Right knee: 9 months ago and the left 6 months ago. I would really like to know what works best to speed up this recovery.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Kathysbeautybiz ...

Good to hear from you! We passed the six-month mark last week, which is really hard to believe! I hope that you're doing well and continuing to improve. I'd say that overall, life is much MUCH better than before the surgery. I still have some swelling and heat in my right knee (the Dec 18th surgery) and sometimes my left knee (Feb 2013) will ache a little. But it subsides quickly AND I can do things! Last week, I stood for two solid hours during a reception I was attending. That would have been unheard of a few years ago.

I highly recommend the yoga class - if you can find a teacher who will work with you to focus on specific things that will help you regain your strength, stability, and flexibility. I've been taking classes for about 15 weeks now, and I'm noticing a real difference in what I can do. It is painstakingly slow and frustrating sometimes, but if I look at the bigger picture, I can see that I've made huge strides. I'm even able to kneel for brief periods!!

I still am not doing the walking distances that I'd like to be at, but I think that will come over the next few months, because I'm RETIRING on June 30th! I can really begin to focus on me and what I want to do. I still have a goal of doing at least one 5K race this year, but I'll be walking it, not running.

At my final post-op appointment, my doctor said that he was very pleased with my progress, but that I still need to give it time. He mentioned that he has patients who continue to improve for up to three years. I can definitely see where that could be true. My first knee is now 16 months post-op, and I can honestly say that I go for longer and longer periods of time without thinking about it. I do believe, though, that there's no way to "speed up" the recovery. It just takes as long as it takes and time has a way of taking care of it - and us.

Wishing you the best - in your recovery and beyond. Please stay in touch!

Elaine
 
Thanks for your input. Happy to hear your 'December' knee is coming along well.
It certainly is easy to get discouraged. I never realized until this summer how much I used to kneel when doing things in the spring/summer. I am finding it's next to impossible to do so having the two knee replacements. I am noticing that I am doing a lot of bending therefore creating pains in my lower back. I never had back pain until now. :/

I am still on the lookout for a Yoga class. As of now I am swimming and using a water bike.
However my knees do hurt and the ' December replacement' is always tight and painful each and every morning. My surgeon is now recommending myofascial kinetic chain and resistive exercises.

Do you take anything for pain, still elevate and/or use ice or heat?

Happy Summer and Happy Recovery ! :)




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom