Guest viewing is limited

need contact with superpath already done in minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sunnyQ - I had "anterio-lateral" - also on the side - my surgeon said I could opt for anterior but not with him, one of his partners. He sticks with anterio-lateral because he says it has better longer term success rate that is proven, even if a little slower recovery. But I feel it went about the same as many others who had various approaches. I did have restrictions for six weeks but they were not that hard to handle doing - my surgeon prefers to be conservative on that. My recovery thread is in my signature below. I'm almost 4 months past my surgery now. At least our Minnesota weather is better now!
 
charmed life....yes the weather is finally not to depressing. Thanks so much for the info. Who is your doctor if you don't mind my asking... and what hospital were you in. Can you share about the therapy procedure and meds. This could be similar to what the dr. told me yesterday. It is a modified posterior because you don't sit on the wound. I am going to look up anterio, laterial this afternoon when I get time. what restrictions did you have. thanks for this help. sunnyQ
 
My doctor is Dr Eric Wetter at Twin Cities Orthopedics. I was at Unity in Fridley. I did not have physical therapy except for the 2 days in the hospital - which was pretty mild. I was on oxycontin when I came home, when that ran out, I was switched to Vicodin and later just tylenol. My story is at https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/right-thr-12-17-2013.22512/ Restrictions were no bending more than 90 degrees, no crossing surgery leg over other leg, and sleep on my back. No driving for six weeks as it was my right leg. Who did you talk to and where?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom