THR My new left hip

I think that goal setting is so important, even if the goals aren't big ones, like your Spartan Race. In fact, I think it helps so much to keep setting small, manageable goals---it did for me. For some, it's putting on the TED socks alone, for others, ditching the high rise toilet seat. Still others set a goal of driving, or walking up their stairs. If we don't do that it's easy to lose sight of how much we actually are progressing.

On the other hand, I also think there is a danger for some in setting unrealistic goals too early on, and then ending up discouraged or suffering a setback. Timing is so unique to individuals. So glad you were able to reach your goal so soon...obviously you had a lot of smaller goals set to reach that point.

:wave:@vern748
Hope all is well with you and you are going into the New Year happy and healthy.:happydance:

Hi All,
Today is the 31st of Dec. Been a good year .... (11 months and a few weeks) since my THR Anterior. I am in the process of getting ready for my final Spartan race. 1/2 Marathon with 30 obstacles. Best times are 3+ hours....should be done in 4ish :rotfl: . Since this is my third, I get a trifecta award, then I'm done. Goal met. Challenge, overcome. Time to move on.

Over the year the replacement and recovery has gone well. Some may say very well. I continue to have some minor dull pain right at the hip bone area and groin. I am told this is normal and will go away in time. Since I really did not have too much pain prior to the operation, I am happyish with where I am at. Current pain is a 1+ and more annoying than painful. Not taking anything for it. It's slightly better than the 3ish prior to the operation, and much better than the instance, shooting 9+ on the few moments when I moved incorrectly. I guess I should be happy with a 1ish. I do seem ungrateful ..... :unsure:

All that said, I AM grateful to all the people and support from BoneSmart. You are all the best. I wish you all the best of love and luck. Since it time to move on, I will do so now.
Cheers to you all.

Signing off

Vern

:) :-) (:So glad you shared your journey with us.
What great strides (pun intended) you have made and I hope the New Year brings new adventures.:yes!:

Thanks for the update, Vern. It's nice to hear from you.
Best of luck with your upcoming Spartan race. I'll bet it feels wonderful to be taking on challenges and meeting goals. Wishing you all the best going forward with many blessings in the New Year!
@vern748

:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
galvesean