THR Mollymax on the other side!

If you are seeing your surgeon on the 22nd, do ask for an x-ray of that other hip. The only true diagnostic is imaging.
 
They discovered mine were both troublesome during first hip X-ray. Did they not get imaging of both hips? I was grateful they looked at both when diagnosis was being made.
 
They discovered mine were both troublesome during first hip X-ray. Did they not get imaging of both hips? I was grateful they looked at both when diagnosis was being made.
I thought they had but noting was said about the right hip. He just takes about how bad the left was. I'll ask when at appointment next week what the right hip was like.
 
I really will cry if this other hip is going to start giving me trouble. After two knee replacements and a hip replacement please give me a break..
Normally they X-ray both at once if for nothing else, comparison sake I believe. IF there is arthritis in your other hip, it may be years before you will need an additional joint replacement, but it could go the other way also. Wait, see and don't worry. Easier said than done, but try not to be anxious about it. You're doing well and I'm guessing you'll join the chorus of those that experienced both, that hips are an easier recovery than knees.
Happy Monday, Mollymax!
 
I would definitely mention it at your next appointment just in case, but maybe try different pillow arrangements? If the problem is only when you're lying down and you're fine all day long, it makes it sound like it has something to do with the way you're sleeping.
 
Maybe try sleeping on your unoperated side with a pillow between your knees to ensure your leg doesn't cross your midline for now.

Change in position may help. I've been sleeping like that for a few weeks and it's more comfortable.

It's something to consider to help your groin. I hope your pain resolves soon.:flwrysmile:
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary, Mollymax!
Wondering what you heard about your right hip from the surgeon at your latest appointment?
Hopefully all is well and you have a great week!
@Mollymax
 
It depends on what type of surgery and implant you had I think as to when you can sleep on your side. I was told at 2 weeks I could but was way too nervous to do that. I am on Day 27 and started sleeping on my non-operative side about a week ago. It made a big improvement in my sleep!
 
Hi all. It's been a while since I've been on as things have been going really well.
I'm now 6 months post op and up until about 4 weeks ago I was totally pain free, walking well, no limp and driving was great as I no longer had to lift my leg on to the clutch pedal as I'd been doing for years.
However about 4 weeks ago noticed I was struggling to raise my leg straight out in front of me when sitting and to lift my knee up without getting pain in the groin area. I'm also back to having to help get my foot back on clutch pedal by using hand to lift my leg up or it was hurting in grion area.
Everything else is fine. Could this just be muscular and I need to exercise to strengthen the muscles or could there be something else? I never got any physio only a leaflet with a few exercises to do up to 12 weeks. Should I contact orthopedics and see what they suggest?
Things were going so well and so much easier than my knee replacements which didn't go so well and I still only have a 90 bend in both knees after 5 years.

Thanks for reading.
 
@Mollymax have you taken any falls or twisted recently? I'm not quite sure what could be causing this but if it were me and I didn't do anything different then I would be reaching out to the Ortho folks. At least a phone call to explain your symptoms and see what they have to say.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom