@Layla Thank you, I am trying to have a positive attitude about it. I have not cancelled that appointment, but I will if they accept me at UM. I’m just not feeling the same about him, which is too bad! I saw that his office called me yesterday but did not leave a message. I haven’t heard back from UM yet, so I didn’t call his office back. My guess is that someone there didn’t know I had already been rescheduled.
To be honest, I have had the worst experiences with every type of medical care here in Miami. I won’t go into it, but it borders on incompetence with offices not knowing how to work with insurance, consistently failing to send records, and messing up appointment times. I also feel like I’m being treated like a criminal when I go in and cannot even wait to see a doctor until I’ve paid the full amount due first. I had gotten so used to it in my 15 years here that it was a shock when I was at my mom and was expected to pay for services after receiving them. That’s the way it had always been in my life, I had just forgotten!
In any case, I suspect that my experience at UM might be a bit better. If I don’t get in there, they do have the right kind of specialist at the clinic where my surgeon is located. He is actually the doctor that I first called to get an appointment with, but he didn’t have anything for a month and I couldn’t wait to treat the left hip. I could wait now, though. I really want to get the right hip treated in Miami, but I’m going to keep an open mind about possibly going back up to my mom’s for this, too. I’m going to see what happens this week and make a decision over the weekend, I think.
On a lighter note, I got my scooter out in my neighborhood for the first time yesterday and oh boy, that was fun! We’re having a lot of rain, but I’m going to try to get it out again today. I think I have a new hobby and I love it!!!
