I’m sorry, just tough to answer the questions because the pain changes everyday.
You know, I do understand that. I really do.
I’m sorry for not answering all the questions. I just don’t see here that anyone is having trouble almost 4 months post op.
It doesn't matter if nobody else is having the same problems. I can still advise and help you.
Did you receive my message, I’m not sure how to use this site.
Don't worry - we'll get you through this!
I would appreciate any suggestions as I’m becoming more & more depressed everyday.
See, you're asking for advice but if I'm to do that, I really do need you to answer my questions. You wouldn't expect a doctor to advise you without having some information about your problems, now would you?
Here are the questions - see what you can do with them. Just answer them one at a time.
It would be very helpful if you would
answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are ....
1. what are your pain levels right now?
(remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't forget to factor in other forms of pain such as soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness).
2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?
3. how swollen is your leg compared to these?
4. what is your ROM - that's flexion (bend) and extension (straightness)
5. are you icing your knee at all? If so, how often and for how long?
6. are you elevating your leg. If so how often and for how long?
7. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and
8. are you doing any exercises at home? If so what and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example
(
which means please make a list and not an essay!)
Exercises done at home
- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
Anything done at PT
- how many times a week
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.