Guest viewing is limited

Standard Shoulder Replacement March 18th surgery

@Allrosey Well done on persisting with your stretches. Sounds like you have made some real progress. Keep at it and stay warm!
 
Hi! Glad to hear you are progressing so well!

I am doing well. OS says my ROM is ahead of schedule, so I am able to cautiously start some resistance training (bands or do resistance in the pool—noodle, foam barbells, flat hands) but it is very easy to overdo in the water, so I’m doing mostly bands. And I use some light (1 to 2 lbs)hand weights now, max total of 10 minutes a day. I’m doing it many days.

My formerly toned, then truly batwing upper arms are beginning to look less like I am wearing a cape. LOL. And I cut a sweet potato yesterday! The combination of gripping something (knife, can opener, etc) and exerting strength or pressure has been too painful to do things like cut something hard.

So I am encouraged.
And encouraged by your progress.
 
Thank you Jaycey and Marieltha! Marieltha it's a wonderful feeling to be able to cut something hard and feel no pain. I was at the point of not being able to lift a fork with my right hand (forget about cutting food) and now I can cut a watermelon! Glad to hear you are doing well!
 
Hi! @Allrosey I hadn’t checked your thread for awhile and am sorry to hear you were a bit frustrated. I find this long process of recovery frustrating sometimes as well. You are definitely not alone!
 
Thanks Marieltha! It sure is! Every day is ground hog day-I I feel like I start over every time. It's the scarring though, the tendons are thick and angry probably....even my scar is thickened and red still-i am improving but at a veeerrrryyyy slow pace! Still can only lift my arm up to 123 about -after stretching.....but I am hoping it will eventually loosen up! Anyway good luck with your recovery ! You sound like you are doing well!
 
TSR recovery is indeed a long, slow process. But sounds like you continue to make those milestones happen. Well done!
 
Hi, @Allrosey ..... I'm still working on my shoulder as well. I'm a month longer out of surgery than you and the shoulder works okay. But I can tell the muscles aren't there yet. And I still cannot stretch the arm as well as my other shoulder. It's better after a bit of a warm up, but the first time I reach high to put dishes in the cabinet (one of my exercises I do), that first reach is tight and a bit painful still.

It takes a long time and I guess we all must just be patient.
 
Patience, yes. Lots and lots.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom