• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Manipulation on June 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurierocs

Ok, I had my MUA on June 6th and am SOOOOOOO glad I did!

Here's how it went:

It took 3 tries to get my IV started, then another 3 tries to get my epidural started. Next thing I know the OS is standing over me and I asked him when he was going to get started and he said it was done. He explained to my husband that bending the knee sounded like velcro tearing. I was stuck at 90 degrees and when he got it past that, it completely freed up!

I immediately had PT when I arrived to my room. THEY BENT IT TO 132 degrees!!!!! Of course, the epidural was in full effect and I couldn't feel a thing! They then hooked me up to the CPM machine on maximum...0 to 125 degrees. The bad news is I was sick, vomiting 12 times in 7 hours, all day, but once they changed the medicine and took out the narcotics in the epidural, I was fine. Even when I got the feeling back in my legs, I was able to bend to 127 degrees in the hospital.

PT...my first appointment after the MUA...
I went to a different PT and sooooo glad I did. Everything this PT did was different than the other PT I went to after my TKR. The new one said it was most important to build strength in my hamstring. I won't go on about the exercises...she also said I should have been moving my knee cap myself, which I didn't know and she showed me how to do that. Anyway, without her pushing on my knee I was able to get 126 on my own. Yesterday at PT, I got 130!!!!!!!!! Yeah...I'm excited! So I went from 90 to 130 after my MUA!

Oh, and my knee has NO swelling and not much pain to speak of. I'm a bit stiff and don't get me wrong, I have to work at getting 130, it doesn't come easy. But I'm sooooo happy!

Laurie

Laurie -

That is so AWESOME! When did you have your TKR surgery?

Laurie (lgobrien)

That's wonderful, Laurie. You sound like you cracked it!

And yes, I remember that noise well - sometimes it's JUST like velcro!

Laurie,

I had my TKR on Dec. 10. I was worried it was too long after that surgery to have the manipulation...but I was wrong.

Laurie

Laurie,
I am so pleased for you. Your entire e-mail went right to the positive side and this you are handling and you took the right step to get you back on the road to recovery. Enjoy it!
Best,
Crystal

Laurie, what wonderful news for you. WOW!! 90-130. I hope I have that sort of success when I get mine. I see my OS on 24th about it. Enjoy the freedom you must have now, stairs etc. Sue

Good for you Laurie! I'm glad to hear it want so well for you. I'm going the wrong direction since I've started work and am wondering if MUA might be in my future. I was worried that it has been too long, but I had my BTKR in Feb. so I guess I'm still OK. Thanks much for the info. It helps me greatly!

Steve

Laurie, are you still doing well? I am seeing my surgeon tomorrow about scheduling my MUA. I am nervous, but hope I also have good results. Sue

Oh Sue! Poor thing!
Manipulation on June 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Riveralex
Recent bookmarks