THR Made it to the other Side

@Jayboats2001 ... I'm going to tag @Josephine again for you just to be sure she sees your request for a response. I had to edit the tags out of the beginning of your post in accordance with our forum guidance. Multiple tags like this at the beginning of a post make for difficult reading for those of our members using smart phones to access BoneSmart. Don't worry....the folks following you will see your post.

Also, would you please create a signature for us so that it's easy to tell when your surgery date was? You do this by mouse hovering over your username in the top right of the page. Select Signature from the drop down menu.

It does sound like you need to re-evaluate the benefit of your therapist. If the person is still in training, I'd say it would be better to select someone with a bit more experience. Frankly, hips don't need a lot of therapy. Walking is usually the best and even that needs to be tempered in the early weeks and months when your body is still healing.
 
Im still in therapy three days a week. Performing bridges, clam shells, and other exercises. My therapist said the abductors are like steel rods and that the gluteus maximus and medius muscles are just not engaging, which effects my limp and he feels is the reason for my groin pain.
I'm not surprised your abductors are like steel rods! Clam shells are THE worst thing you can do for them! Besides which you are 12 weeks out now and should be getting back to normal, life-wise! So I strongly suggest you quit them - totally - and allow your poor muscles to settle down and get back to normal too! Hips actually don't need much exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.
 
Thank you,

Definitely stopping the exercises that are causing the pain and will focus on gentle exercises, walking and using my upright stationary bicycle.




Femoral Neck Repair December 18, 2014
Total Right Hip Replacement May 6, 2015
 
I'm nearly eight months post op and had a follow-up with my surgeon today. The implant looks great. However for the last couple of months have been miserable. I had seen great progress, but my physical therapist felt that there was too much tightness and I began having groin and thigh pain that was severe while resting and only got worse with therapy. I was hoping that the rest would help along with the anti-inflammatory meds. Now I'm back to having to lift my leg in and out of the car and trouble getting dressed again. I understand there are setbacks but I think I have had my fair share.

Doc feels that it is likely bursitis. He is steering away from any injections and has put me on Zorvolex 18mg to help with pain and inflammation. He has also ordered an MRI to check for additional soft tissue damage.

[Bonesmart.org] Made it to the other Side


Any insight on the groin pain and bursitis would be helpful.

Hope everyone is having a great recovery
 
It’s been two years five months post op for a TRHR following a femoral neck fracture that didn’t heal. Diagnosed with iliopsoas tendon impingement which surfaced in my fifth month post op and has progressively gotten worse. PT made it worse, walking in general was painful as well as standing. After seeing four different OS, the diagnosis was finally confirmed several weeks ago after having a guided cortisone injection into the tendon. I had the best three days since my original surgery. I’m hoping to finally get relief tomorrow with a tendon release. Praying this works long term with minimal side effects and I can return to a somewhat normal life. Anyone else have the procedure done. What should I expect post op. The surgeon is going to attempt to release the tendon using the arthroscopic approach, but has also stated that they may have to abandon that approach and proceed with an anterior approach. The reason for this was the fear of damaging the implant which anatomically is in a great position. Any feedback is recommended.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@Josephine may be able to give you feedback on the procedure.
Sorry you are still suffering. When will procedure be done?
 
Jayboats, I merged this with your old THR recovery thread for our convenience.
I’m hoping to finally get relief tomorrow with a tendon release. Anyone else have the procedure done. What should I expect post op.
A few members have had it done and most got good relief. I'm not really sure what the surgeon means when he says
The surgeon is going to attempt to release the tendon using the arthroscopic approach, but has also stated that they may have to abandon that approach and proceed with an anterior approach. The reason for this was the fear of damaging the implant which anatomically is in a great position.
This makes no sense to me at all. Sorry. I just don't see what damage it could do at all!

Anyway, I hope it goes well for you. I think your recovery should go well. I would just add - on no account do any exercising whatsoever! NONE! Okay?
 
Back
Top Bottom