beesknee
Insider
- Joined
- Jul 13, 2021
- Messages
- 193
- Age
- 65
- Gender
- Male
- Country
United States
I pulled up the report from the Pre surgery MRI - May 2021. It looks like the main difference is the lateral Meniscus tear. I had no grinding.
It must have been torn during the operation as I have had no injury since PKR. Only have done rehab exercises to keep the knee as strong as possible.
Pre surgery I only sharp pain in knee for a few days if I ran too much. Now running is not an option and I have dull pain in knee.
I am hoping that a scope can clean it up.
Here is last year's MRI.
It must have been torn during the operation as I have had no injury since PKR. Only have done rehab exercises to keep the knee as strong as possible.
Pre surgery I only sharp pain in knee for a few days if I ran too much. Now running is not an option and I have dull pain in knee.
I am hoping that a scope can clean it up.
Here is last year's MRI.
| Impression |
| IMPRESSION: |
| 1. Evidence of osteochondral grafting along the medial femoral condyle |
| with good incorporation of the osteochondral graft and minimal |
| protrusion. There is fraying and diffuse irregularity of the overlying |
| cartilage, but no full-thickness osteochondral defect. No underlying |
| cystic change. |
| 2. Multifocal full-thickness articular cartilage defects along the |
| patella, trochlea and medial femoral condyle(along the anterior aspect |
| of the osteochondral graft) as detailed in the body the report with |
| associated subchondral bone marrow edema. |
| 3. Shallow trochlear groove with patella alta. |
| 4. Multilobulated intact Baker's cyst. |
| 5. Irregularity along the posterior horn medial meniscus-capsular |
| interface likely represents injury. |
| Narrative |
| MRI of the right knee without contrast |
| Exam Date: 5/19/2021 |
| History: Osteochondritis dissecans |
| Comparison Studies: None |
| TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar, multisequence MR imaging was performed without |
| Gadolinium contrast per the standard protocol on a 1.5 Tesla magnet. |
| FINDINGS: |
| * Menisci: No medial or lateral meniscal tear. Irregularity along the |
| posterior horn medial meniscus-capsular interface likely represents |
| injury. |
| * Ligaments: ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL all appear intact. |
| * Extensor Mechanism: Patella alta. Intact extensor mechanism. |
| * Joint: Small joint effusion. Intact multilobulated 1.3 x 2.1 x 4.4 cm |
| Baker's cyst. |
| * Articular Cartilage: |
| Patellofemoral compartment: Focal full-thickness articular cartilage |
| defect along the median patellar ridge measuring 0.4 x 0.3 cm with |
| associated subchondral bone marrow edema. Additional focal |
| full-thickness defect along the lateral patellar facet with associated |
| subchondral bone marrow edema. Focal full-thickness fissuring along the |
| midline trochlea with subchondral bone marrow edema. Superimposed |
| diffuse thinning of the articular cartilage. |
| Medial compartment: Focal 0.2 x 0.2 cm full-thickness articular |
| cartilage defect along the medial femoral condyle along the anterior |
| aspect of the osteochondral graft. There is good incorporation of the |
| osteochondral graft with minimal protrusion. There is fraying and |
| diffuse irregularity of the overlying cartilage. |
| Lateral compartment: Diffuse thinning with no full-thickness defects. |
| * Miscellaneous: Shallow trochlear groove. No fracture. No aberrant |
| vessels. |