Guest viewing is limited

Less than 2 weeks........yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you are ready. I am three weeks out Friday and feeling so much better. The best thing I did for myself and advice from here is to ice. I have not had swelling and really helps with the pain. The other advice is no your limitations with therapy. Pain no gain is not true with joint surgery. You will do so much better with steady gains. One sub PT had me down for two days with pain and back several days. Best wishes for you and let us know about your journey.
 
Last day of work! (Officially anyway, most of Sunday will spent at work as well) Trying to get ready to be off has been a lot stress that I am glad is almost over. I am a salesman/project manager, I have spent the last month trying to tie up any loose ends on projects I have going and letting people know that I will be gone for a while. I work for a small family owned business, I have a lot of responsibility and have a lot on my plate everyday. Hopefully the others can cover what I do without many issues or problems.
 
@3Sportsdad try to find some time to relax. After about two weeks you will probably feel well enough to do some online work. Depending on pain meds.....hip replacement so much easier than knees except for restrictions. Do you have extra pillows? An assortment will be needed for propping. Good thoughts and helpful hands to take care of you.
 
My wonderful wife is taking off work the first week as well to take care of me so I will be in good hands. My kids have been great in helping me as well.
 
Good luck!! I'm wishing you a good day tomorrow. See you on the recovery side!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Best of luck tomorrow!
 
@3Sportsdad Hi, I hope you have a good day tomorrow because that pain will be gone! Make sure you don't try to rush the recovery. Take it easy from the start and you will heal faster. Good Luck! Go Blue, Oh, Wrong school!
 
I'm all done - shiny new hip!
All the best for yours- thinking of you. The waiting is definately the worst part!
 
All done late yesterday, doing well so far. Waiting for nerve block to wear of so I can move my leg
 
@3Sportsdad
Yay! Congratulations on making it through. Sorry you're still waiting for feeling to return to your legs - that's an unsettling feeling for me. Best of luck with your first steps. I'm assuming they'll get you up today?
 
@3Sportsdad - well done! You'll be relieved its all over and on the way to walking without that pain.
Make sure you get plenty of ice packs - they really help!
You'll have to start your recovery thread on the "other side":yay:.
Cheers,
Buzzy.
 
@3Sportsdad Well done! Let the healing begin. Ask for an icepack and keep them coming! It's a natural pain killer.
 
Hip number two scheduled for July 9th! I can't wait to get the surgery over with!
 
@bsilvers, the first hip is doing great, there is no joint pain at all, I do get a little muscle soreness from time to time but that is only because I try to do to much.
 
@3Sportsdad you won't regret hip number 2! All that bone on bone pain is history!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom