Guest viewing is limited

PKR Left knee patellofemoral arthroplasty

Hi ZD, how’s your progress?
I still have not started regular running. Now ski season just started in northern hemisphere, so I go skiing regularly, 3-4 days a week but only around 3 hours a day. My knee held up quite well so far, completely pain-free. It's day and night comparing before and after my knee surgery. Weeks before the surgery, I felt pain literally every turn I made when skiing.
 
Did a lot of skiing/hiking/biking lately but still have not started running yet. I will retire in July and will start bike touring around the world (200 or so days a year) so I don't think I will get to running anytime soon.
 
Update -

It has been about two and a half years since my Patellofemoral PKR. The recovery really exceeded my expectation. While my surgical knee still has some limitations, I have no problems at all in biking, skiing, hiking and rock climbing. From mid-July to early Oct, I rode my fully loaded touring bike across the country, from Seattle to Astoria, OR, then to Yorktown, VA, totaling 4570 miles, without walking the bike a single step. The surgical knee held up extremely well and was oftentimes the stronger knee. (My other knee started to have the early symptoms of the surgical knee before the surgery so I am not sure how long it can last.)
 
What a wonderful testimony about how good this surgery can turn out! Congrats on that exceptional bike ride. I'm sure it's something you'll never forget!
 
Wow! That is fantastic, what an amazing achievement and how inspirational!
Thanks for stopping by to share an update. I hope your other knee holds out for a good long while.
Wishing you all the best!
@zdclimber
 
That is encouraging! I am having my right patellofemoral replacement next month and wonder what recovery is like. Have had knee scopes and hip FAI surgery but this is first replacement.
 
Registered for the forum to say thank you for posting your experience with PFJR. Bike touring in particular has been an out-of-reach dream for me for many years and your journal gives me hope I may return it to again some day.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom