I did manage to get home yesterday. Made it through PT/OT without issues. Did not sleep much in hospital but that's ok. Got out about 1pm and was home by 2:30. Husband went with our dog to get my pain meds once I was in recliner and iced up. I also iced in the car.
Darn new rules for pain meds . I am on Dilaudid or rather the generic version hydromorphone 2mg every 4 hrs as needed. Well I am taking them by the clock right now every 4 hrs. I have my paper chart and my phone alarm. However, did not get as large number of pills as last time do will have to call Monday for another refill.. At least in NY State all scripts and especially narcotics have to be electronic there is no pick up of script or waiting for mail.
Having more pain than last time that I remember especially on my bum do it is hard to sit on toilet it to get into recliner.
Slept in recliner as planned downstairs. Replaced ice when I got up to go to bathroom. My husband slept upstairs. The only problem is that he cannot hear me - if I call. He has hearing loss and wears hearing aids. Oh well, same as last time. He offered to sleep on the couch but to his is much better. He has our 90# fog with him and he husband and not dog won't be cranky from lack of sleep.
The only exercise I have been doing are the ankle pumps. These are necessary but everything else can wait a few days. Nurse is supposed to come today which is good as the bandage where my drain was taken out needs changing and I cannot twist to do it. I do not remember having a drain last time.
Darn new rules for pain meds . I am on Dilaudid or rather the generic version hydromorphone 2mg every 4 hrs as needed. Well I am taking them by the clock right now every 4 hrs. I have my paper chart and my phone alarm. However, did not get as large number of pills as last time do will have to call Monday for another refill.. At least in NY State all scripts and especially narcotics have to be electronic there is no pick up of script or waiting for mail.
Having more pain than last time that I remember especially on my bum do it is hard to sit on toilet it to get into recliner.
Slept in recliner as planned downstairs. Replaced ice when I got up to go to bathroom. My husband slept upstairs. The only problem is that he cannot hear me - if I call. He has hearing loss and wears hearing aids. Oh well, same as last time. He offered to sleep on the couch but to his is much better. He has our 90# fog with him and he husband and not dog won't be cranky from lack of sleep.
The only exercise I have been doing are the ankle pumps. These are necessary but everything else can wait a few days. Nurse is supposed to come today which is good as the bandage where my drain was taken out needs changing and I cannot twist to do it. I do not remember having a drain last time.
United States




Sincerest sympathies...things were tough to "get going" for me too and it's miserable.

My mind was just mush. I passed the time using an easy crossword puzzle book, both in and out of hospital. I could pick it up and put it down or skip to a new puzzle if things got too hard for the brain for the moment. Yes it will pass but enjoy the time without too many heavy thoughts to consider. 