Guest viewing is limited

TKR Kneeling after TKR<

Thank you so much. I love hearing everyone's experiences and advice. I've just got to learn to be a little more patient I guess. :gaah:
 
Hi, I had both knees replaced last year (2018) 4 months apart. One in Oct and the second in December. I still am unable to kneel without a lot of discomfort on my incision scars. It's not the knee that hurts, just where the scars. I've tried kneeling on a pillow, etc. I still can't stand it for more than a few seconds. Will this ever improve? Thanks for any feedback.
 
Funny you asked this as yesterday I kneeled (to get up from working on the floor) for the first time since my TNR's 5 & 6 months ago. Botton line, it really felt ok to me. The pressure felt a bit strange and I did not linger on my knees (on a carpet) but it did not feel bad.

To answer your question more specifically I did not feel anything unusual around the incisions. So yes, I think yours should get better with time.

Hope this helps!
 
@fishy you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just give a shout.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom