Guest viewing is limited

TKR Knee feeling strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I called because my husband is sick and I feel so amazing so I'm diffenty stopping it I've been sitting in my recliner and I think my knee bending better without having pt for the past three days hooray :)
 
Small update I had a serious talk with my PT and they promised to go gentle on me. They did until they broke my trust again and I am done I refuse to go back. I am at 9 weeks come Monday and I can get my knee to bend about 105 degrees. 15 degrees off the goal my doctor wants he wants 120 by the 6th of December or he wants to do MUA. Well Thursday they lost my trust for good they had me go on the bike and they had the seat up to high and it killed my hip I made no progress. Then it came time to measure the knee he was mad that it was so stiff then they said they were going to have someone work with me on the bike for another 5 minutes. I have yet to go around but I was making very good progress to where I was I almost around.

They forced my knee to go all the way around. Maybe at 9 weeks it should be at that point but I was screaming and begging them to stop the pain was so bad that I was shaking. They just kept telling them to keep going and then they forced it around again. at this point I was crying so hard. After that they had me do exercises that I normally could do but wasn't able to after they forced my knee to go around on the bike. Then they had me walk over a series of plastic cups. and after every session they always ice for ten minutes can you believe even after all that they didn't even offer any ice? I can't believe they betrayed my trust like that I couldn't stop crying for over an hour after that. This was on Thursday and its now 1:42 Am in the morning Sunday and my knee still doesn't feel right at all.

Am I that Behind for 9 weeks I also have RA in all my joints so my body is full of pain which makes my recovery slow as well. I was actually starting to enjoy PT until this happen. Part of my fear of stopping PT is not getting the most out of the joint I am still doing small stuff at home. Maybe I am just not doing enough because of all my RA pain I don't know but I really thought me and my PT was on the same page after having this talk with them :( Sorry for the rambling but I just feel all the progress I made has been reset because my knee has not been able to bend like it was since this happen.
 
I'm almost lost for words!!
The good news is that your newly-damaged knee will recover quite quickly if you never let this lot of people near you again, so stick to your guns. With your RA issues, what on earth is wrong with 105 after 9 weeks?
 
I was really proud of that 105 bend consider for the three months before surgery my knee wouldn't bend at all and would be locked in a straight position at all times. The weird thing was at the end of the appointment Thursday they were like we are doing this for your own good and you'll think us later for this blah blah blah. They also had the nerve to say we hate hurting you this much but you aren't giving us much of a choice. I do what I can but my ankles are bone on bone my hips are bone on bone shoulders are starting to go bad my hands are already starting to deform. I'm doing the best I can do I stretch my knee I get up walk around I cook dinner. But Thursday he made it sound like I stay at home and do nothing all day long. He said if you would do your exercises you would have a better bend. I was like really? 9 weeks I had a zero bend and now I have 105 bend I find that's progress. Sorry rambling again lol my bad :) thanks for your reply
 
And I thought my PT was horrible. I feel so bad for you ((hugs))

I'm a little over 12 weeks and my bend is 110, one thing I learned from all the smarties here is that our healing process is NOT a race and we all heal at different speeds.

Rest, ice, and elevate I hope you're feeling better soon


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
08/28/13
 
Oh my goodness, you poor thing. They are lucky you are too nice and had too much pain to kick them. They committed assault on you. This is not support or encouragement but torture. Please if they have a web site post an opinion and if they report to someone higher send a letter because such things should not be allowed. As professionals they should have the knowledge to tailor your PT to your physical abilities and other limitations and not just follow a script.

Sending hugs and healing thoughts your way.:console2: :flwrysmile:
 
It actually sounds like you are making fine progress--especially considering where you were before the surgery. I would not go back to this PT. Ice and elevate and just do some gentle exercises over the next few days.
Keep dinner simple and don't spend a lot of time on your feet. Walking around a bit is ok, but standing and working as you know makes you more swollen and achy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom