PKR Kiwigal Recovery Thread

I am 9 + months post op, and still have aches non stop..not necessarily pain, but an ache when walking...you are so early in the Recovery process..Time will be your best friend , more important then PT...It gets better, I promise... I was under the misconception PKR is a relatively quick recovery...shame on me for believing that...best wishes to a slow and steady recovery
 
We have found that the recovery from a PKR is the same as from a TKR. So many are misled to believe the recovery is much shorter, but it just isn't so. The recovery articles for the TKR apply to the PKR.
 
I had a patellofemoral replacement 9 weeks ago. My surgeon told me to slow down as I was taking it too hard as well. That is definitely the hard part! I am up to walking for about 1/2 hour......slow and steadily. If you want to connect and share stories that would be great.
 
Just noticed our timing looks very similar! What kind of partial did you have?
 
@Chelsea23 just had a unicompartmental knee replacement. The inner knee rather than whole. Apparently was to be quicker recovery and tbh it was. Could easily walk 1/2 hour and almost without a crutch. Felt like superwoman :). But the danger is doing too much because the knee felt so good. How is your progress going? Interested to hear :)
 
10 weeks since surgery. Haven't done a diary since I was a child and doing this is taking me back :)
Since overdoing activity 5 odd weeks ago I am making progress again. Still icing and stationary bike but walking is only around the house...slowly ...with a crutch. Have gains everyday now. And feel like I will be starting to resume my daily walks soon. Def will not overdo it again!
Having a leg out of action though...wow.....it certainly makes the rest of the muscles in the body tight. I guess the other leg, hip and everything else work overtime. Would I wouldn't give for a spa bath or massage!
 
Hi @Kiwigal
I am about 10 weeks as well. I had a patellofemoral replacement / partial. Yes, I have later learned that it is not necessarily an easier recovery when you do a partial than a full knee. I was very heavy on the physio from the start, but at six weeks my surgeon told me to ease off. The knee needs time to heal as well. I am doing strengthening exercises every other day now. Full range of motion is back. I am also up to doing 1/2 hour walks. Having some new noises in there though, some clicking. My surgeon tells me not to worry as long as there is no pain with the clicking. Wish it all would go faster!!!!
 
Kneeling - yes or no? I have a few more questions on kneeling.
How soon before you can or should kneel?
It feels pretty gross when I tried, numb vs oh I don't even know how to describe it but felt weird - how long until it feels relatively normal to kneel and feel the knee touch the ground?
Feedback appreciated - thx all :)
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom