TKR Kiwicurls TKR 27 Feb 2024

Thanks @EalingGran and @sistersinhim .
I agree my dicey foot doesn’t help. There’s not much I can do about it. Even though my foot is uncomfortable and full of pins, screws and plates at least I can walk and haven’t ended up in a wheelchair as one foot surgeon predicted.
I do try to walk heel to toe but it’s easy to fall back into old habits especially when hurrying.
I spent all day yesterday cooking as we’re off for a few day’s fishing on Monday and are self catering. As a result of being on my feet all day it’s back to icing today. I am sitting in front of a cosy log fire with ice behind my knee! Gotta see the funny side!
Hoping everyone is doing ok.
 
I am sitting in front of a cosy log fire with ice behind my knee!
Right now in Delaware, USA, it is 97 F and the weather channel says it feels like 104 F. I’ll take their word for it, I’m staying in.

we’re off for a few day’s fishing on Monday
Enjoy!
 
It’s been a while since I posted here. Hope everyone is well!
It’s been 7 months since my second tkr and I wanted to tell people the reason I am still limping badly despite having no knee pain at all now.
I saw my surgeon yesterday and my knees and hips are perfect but I have gluteal tendinopathy. He pressed on the side of my hip and it hurt badly. Nothing to do with tkr and I don’t need thr either as my hips are fine. The gluteal tendons stabilise the pelvis when walking and it’s fixed with intensive physio for 3 months. I will have an MRI later but no hurry for this. If physio doesn’t help they operate to repair the tendons.
You all know my aversion to physios by now but he says this one is excellent. I don’t have much choice because I can’t really walk.
I can’t get an appointment for 2 weeks because she’s so popular. I suppose that’s good?
I’m scared. Loathe physios.
 
I'm sorry you've been limping along....

I'm relieved there's a soft tissue diagnosis....

I'm sorry physios are sometimes loathsome....

And I remind you that you can exercise your judgment in going more slowly than she wants, if it comes to it. Some physios truly believe in No Pain and that they are our partners in a collaborative process. Fingers crossed she's a winner!
 
Hello @mendogal , I hope you’re well!
Yes, he was very pleased with my knee movement, mumbling about 130 degrees but Somehow I didn’t think it was the knee causing the limp as time went on. I am cycling for half an hour a day with no pain…I have absolutely zero knee pain now… that should cheer up some posters who are wondering if tkr is worth it! Yes it is!!!
When he pressed on my hip I was worried it meant a thr but he pulled my hips around and said they’re fine and I shouldn’t ever need a hip replacement. At least that’s good!
I shall do my best to co operate with the physio, bearing in mind what you have said. I can’t go on like this as I am almost falling over when I walk!
 
Thank you @kiwicurls !
My knees are now about 15 and 20 months old! The newer one has minor residual issues but both are great improvements over the "original models"!
 
@mendogal sorry you have residual issues but at least they’re minor!
@sistersinhim, how are you? I found an exercise where you lie on your side and straight leg raise but I can’t do it at all no matter how hard I try. Will look again as there has to be something easier .
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom