Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Jolease's knee saga part 3<^

@Jolease I understand exactly how you feel. Patience isn’t my virtue either, but wait,we really have been patient. We’ve been through multiple surgeries with what seems like never ending recoveries. These seemingly never ending recoveries are enough to wear down the patience of anyone. But what other choice do we have but to wipe away our tears, and there’s been plenty in my case, and keep pushing. I’ll be happy to lend a virtual shoulder or hug if you need one.
 
@Lindylee Thanks so much for your words. I do have better days and make the most of them.
@jboles yes it is really wearing me down, lots of tears to. I had to go back on gabepenton to see if it helps. I don’t like being on it at all. I still take tramacet for pain also. Your right we have no choice, I’ll be ok,just had one of those days. I know you can relate it just plain sucks! Hugs right back! I pray we get better sooner than later....
 
Today marks 12 weeks once again into recovery... things are going so so. It like one good day to two bad ones.I have pain in the IT band and the back of knee and down on the side of calf still, not as much medial pain, but it acts up when my knees has had enough. My knee is stiff but usually as day goes on it will loosen up .Sometimes I get a take your breath away pain in my knee, medial side,
will be asking about that. Going downs stairs foot over foot is still painful and awkward, so still two footing it. My knee still gets warm and the nerve damage gets worse with more I do. I keep telling myself I have a long way to go but honestly I’m tired of this knee running my life and being in pain.I went to gp and my BP is pretty high so he’s keeping an eye on that and I’m hoping I don’t have to add another BP med. I been going to the chiropractor and that has helped my back and hips. I think all my pain in my leg is my tendons and ligaments and muscles trying to adjust from these surgery’s. Atleast I’m hoping that’s all it is. I see OS on the 5th so I’ll hopefully get some positive feedback. Im so envious and happy for the peeps that have such a good outcomes, this surgery bites! Hoping the 4 month mark gets better.
 
You are only 1/4 of the way through this year-long recovery. The yoyo, roller-coaster ride is normal unfortunately. But, those down times will be shorter and less frequent as your healing increases. Patience is so hard to live through in this recovery. We want to be healed now and I completely understand that.
 
@sistersinhim I sure hope so, it’s a ride I’d like off! Hoping for improvements to come. Oh ya I wanted to be healed a year and a half ago lol. Thanks for your words xx
 
@Jolease I’m sorry you’re going through all of this. I’m sorry that I’m going through the same thing... like you said I’m envious and happy for those with a smooth recovery. I saw a new therapist yesterday and she said that she thought my problems were nerve problems. I’m over this too, I’ve been in recovery mode since July 2017....
 
@jboles im sorry for you too, as I know how disheartening this whole surgery is. I have nerve damage but it’s not the only issues that’s for sure. I bet your over this, it really wears on you physically and mentally... sending you big hugs from one fed up chick to another xxx .... we’ve got to hang on and hope things will be better for us both moving forward , lord knows we deserve it :)
 
I had my 3 month check up and although my knee seems to be healing well my IT band is worsening. The surgeon really had no answers for me, which was a bit disheartening as to why it’s happening after the 3rd surgery. He did however refer me to a pain clinic which I’m happy about. I’ve heard good things about them and it’s a good wait, but if I’m still suffering it will be worth it. I’m starting acupuncture next week( ask if was ok) I’ll try anything at this point. I can’t believe how bad the pain level gets. The more you walk the more it’s aggravated. It’s all connected but I’m defiantly having a why me moment especially after today when I was in so much pain and no amount of Tylenol helps. As for the nerve damage pain the gabepenton doesn’t seem to help so I’m going off it. It makes me so drowsy and moody. I shouldn’t of googled IT band syndrome after knee replacement as it talked about having a release done yada yada ... no more surgery! Anyways I hope everyone is healing well and getting through this brutal roller coaster surgery! Xx
 
:console2::console2:
So sorry things are not improving.
 
I am going for acupuncture once a week and think there are benefits. But here in Australia it’s expensive and personally think the trauma done makes it impossible to really solve the problem. I’m hoping time is the answer. And it’s a long wait.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Jolease I got IT band problems after my PKR. I used a roller on it everytime I sat down on the recliner, as I couldn't do the stretches advised on many YouTube videos coz of the knee pain and swelling. It went eventually with the masssge roller but took about 6 weeks.
 
@Didot Thanks for your reply. I’m lucky in the way that we have extended benefits. I’m going to give it a shot . I think your right though it’s all the time thing. I pray it goes can’t handle much more of this.:(
@lisabl I have been rolling it, maybe I need to do more? Did yours stop you in your tracks after walking for a short period of time? I can’t believe how painful it is!! So happy to hear your went away! There is hope!! :) :-) (:I’ve had it for 7 weeks now!! :headbang:
 
@Jockette I just can’t believe with all I’ve gone through, now this issue. Did you have IT band syndrome? It’s brutal! It’s ironic how I did the surgery to be able to walk and I still can’t walk more than 10 minutes without it flaring up and the pain is so bad. So frustrating! Maybe swimming? I just want to be out of pain! My knee is still healing, the medial issue I had is wayyy less so that’s good. If it’s not one thing it another! We’re going on a cruise to Europe in Oct so I’m praying it’s resolved by then!
 
I know you’re tired of hearing this but your leg has been through more than most of us. Yes it feels like a lifetime with 3 surgeries so close together, but seriously, give it time to settle down.

Recently I compared this recovery to baking cookies. My chocolate chip cookies take 12 minutes to completely bake. If I take them out earlier, at 2 minutes, 4, 8 or whatever, they will only be partially baked, and not all that tasty, because they’re not done yet.

The same is true of our knee at 2 months, or 3 months, etc. It needs time to finish healing.

And your knee especially needs gentle treatment as it’s had a triple surgical assault. :console2::console2::console2:
 
I get that my knee needs healing still, I’m just wondering if other had the IT band issues and if it resolved in time. That is frustrating me more than the knee atm.
Cookies is a good prospective.
 
I've had the IT band issues, but not as bad as you. I found a mixture of gentle rolling and the stretches recommended on here have helped a lot together with a couple of exercises I was given at the gym. Whether one thing helped more than another I can't say, but it's much improved and very little pain now although it does seem to be aggravated if I sleep on my unoperated side even with a pillow between my legs. I hope you find something to give you some relief soon.
 
@Lindylee You know I do sleep on that side and I wondered if that was aggravating it more. Oh I sure hope it eases soon! I’m going to start doing the stretches daily and rolling and pray it improves. Sure isn’t much fun!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom