Introduction and my recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to hear about your loss! I do hope there are plenty of relatives around to support her son.

On the other hand - sounds like you are making great progress! Well done. Don't be too worried about setting an exact date for getting rid of the cane. As you say it does happen naturally.

Best to get your bronchitis sorted anyway - but I wouldn't worry about infection and your hip unless you are running a fever.

Sorry about you sister in-law and her poor son. I hope your nephew will be taken care of.
And on the other hand I'm also happy for your recovery. You are doing well. Keep it up.

Cheers Dawn just showed her indoors the tee shirt and this was her version for mine.

Part Human
Part Man
Part Time Decorater

Billy

Just noticed the last thread on the previous page Dawn so sorry to hear about your loss, six years old and to lose his mother at such a young age.
Best to get they antibiotics Dawn just to be o the safe side.

Billy

Good to hear from you. Our sympathy on the loss of you sil... tough for everyone - especially her child. Sounds as though you are breezing through PT and recovery... good for you! I would think you'll make your 10/18 return to work with time to spare - which would be fun.
There is definitely something in the air right now. I woke with sniffles the other day as well... I'm betting it's the ragweed spilling out pollen before the freezing weather starts.

Hi all...it's been awhile, sorry for being lax. Had my re-evaluation at PT today and it was with a different therapist than I usually have. I mentioned some thigh pain that I've been having..pretty significant when walking...and guess what.? The old IT band is not cooperating....lol. He did some ultrasound, but it didn't do alot. Told him that I have a tens unit and he suggested using it and possibly getting some massage. The scar tissue may be impinging some. Gave me some stretches to do as well.
My ROM for...not even sure what it's called....but whatever it is when you do the clam motion....abduction maybe.....is not where he'd like it either. So I'll be concentrating on those 2 things in the upcoming weeks.
He said my glutes had bounced back well and I said "thanks, I think"....ahahahaha.
Anyway, still on track to return to work on 10/17 but I have a feeling my PT may be extended a bit.

Good to hear from you. I'm glad you understand that sometimes the healing just requires some patience. You'll get there!

Thanks Jamie....doing my best to really understand the extent of the trauma that my body endured and not expect anything beyond reason. So far so good!!

The IT Band will probably be the last thing to finally let go. Mine is still very, very tight. Interesting how our therapy recommendations are so different. My ortho doc doesn't want me doing any "clam" exercises as my greater trochanter area need to heal.
And when I walk great distances, my IT Band tightens up too..
Glad you are healing up...Hope you can get back to work on the 17th. Do you spend a great deal of time on your feet in your job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties