How soon can I go back to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonerika

Hello again,
I had my preop Monday for my 9/10 RTHR. Was joking with the nurse that my bp might be a little high because I was nervous. She took it and made me lie down immediately and told me to calm the heck down. Was 170 something over 130 something. Guess I had really worked myself up!! lol Anyway, my OS said that I could go back to work (office job) by the second week probably. I am having no cement, is that called non-adhesive? From everything I have seen on here that seems a little soon. What do all of you know-it-alls :)hehe:) think? (That was a smart alec way of saying you all know so much more than I do...not a mean comment, I promise.)
Erika

Erika. First love your name.
Hmmm back to work in 2 weeks???? I am a knee but I do read the hip post and man that seems a little early.

Also, everyone does recover differently. Some faster and some slower. But 2 weeks???? I am shocked.

Some hippies will be on and let you know more about what to expect.

But do post with questions and any concerns.

if your job was staying home sitting in a chair and exercising yes you could return in two weeks. :hehe:therwise no way!!!!!

Ron

Now that is funny:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think the nurse has not a clue:shk:

Two weeks and back to work no way. At least I would not

:doh: Doctors are SO unrealistic with these throw away statements! Even with a gold star recovery it would be impossible to go back in 2 weeks. If you have staples, they usually don't come out till about 10 days anyway. And your wound will be far two fresh and painful to start coping with work.

Also there is the issue of pain and pain meds. That can go on for about a month sometimes and even longer.

An early return to work, in my opinion, would be 2 months, not 2 weeks. If it's a posterior incision - meaning on your behind - it could take even longer.

Thanks "Aunt Jo"!!!...That is how you sound to us newbies! I appreciate your comment. Thought it sounded crazy myself after reading all the posts on here. For the record...YOU GUYS ROCK!! I have done some research and this forum is the MOST supportive I have seen! Even told the nurse and knee I had a class with about this place. You guys are just AMAZING!! Thanks for all the input.

Erika
About teh 2 week return to work, NO WAY. I am with Jo , maybe more like 2 months. The first 2 weeks, i did not even get dressed or leave the house. That is time to rest and do your exercises and rest and take pain pills and stool softeners. No work!!!
judy

2 weeks? thats ridiculous.....I was still in hospital after 2 weeks (rehab) and there is no way on earth that even with an anterior thr that I would have considered it! .....tkae your time and allow your body to recoup. You can't have a nap at work! And its called WORK for a reason!
Rachel

Hi --I'm a kneesy-----however---I have not heard ANYONE---that I can recall--with a hip or knee replacement going back to work this early. You're still in VERY early recovery--even if you are the Poster Child for hip replacements.

Anyway---keep posting because the knowledge and support here is like no other place. Regards---best of luck with your surgery!!!! Nancy

I have to agree wow 2 weeks is he insane my vote is no i dont think you will even feel like it by then.....Good luck to you..make sure you worry about you 1st...............)

I am having an anterior approach THR in October and was also told 2-3 weeks. I am 63, good physical condition and have been lifting weights for years and going at it even harder now to condition myself for a speedy recovery.

Hi,

I had a PAO not a replacement, but I couldn't imagine anyone going back to work after 2 weeks. I am 40 and fairly fit but wasn't even over the GA by two weeks. Your body needs to rest when necessary to be able to heal properly ( IMHO, lol)
Kate

I went back to work at a month with a posterior and it was way too soon!!!! I think going back actually slowed my recovery to be honest. My doc said two weeks to begin with and then was reluctant at a month. If you are able to take more time by all means take it. I am only 32 and strong in good health and if I had it to do all over again (which I will) I would be so situated to take two or three months off!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Twostep
Recent bookmarks