How long in the hospital after surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all. Well my surgery was canceled and didn't occur on Sept 17th. I had a positive FiT test and an extremely low iron (hemoglobin) test result. I had to schedule a colonoscopy, which led to an endoscopy before they would reschedule surgery. I'm taking double dose of iron daily per doctor's directions. My surgery was scheduled again for October 17th but I received a call on Friday from the doctor's office and they said they have an opening on Wednesday, October 12th. So, while it's short notice I'm going for it.

Your very very kind remarks about my husband have touched my heart. ACDCJen, I am so sorry about your husband as well. Your comment about the plans you had brought tears to my eyes truly. It's something that is so hard to adjust to, mentally, emotionally and so many other ways. I still talk to my husband - I just have to believe that he is going to be there beside me through all of this just as I know he would be if he hadn't passed on. I miss having someone to talk to about my fears, and he was so good with that part of things. Guess this is just another one of those life adjustments that need to be made.

If YOU ever need a shoulder, I'm here!

Jean, do you have any questions in regards to prepping your house post-surgery?

@Jean3600

I hope by now you are safely on the other side of surgery. I had mine on September 14 and spent 3 nights in hospital. I had be able to use a walker, get to the bathroom, and have a bowel movement, in addition to good pain control before going home. I was so glad to come home!!

Hope you are well!!

Jen

Jen, how are you doing following surgery? It's been nearly a month, I hope you are really feeling the positive benefits of that new knee! Did you spend the three nights for any particular reason, or was it because you felt the need to stay a little longer yourself?

I was told that I would be released depending on where my surgery would fall on that days schedule. If early in the AM, I could possibly be released that afternoon. It would depend on the walking, bathroom and pain control concerns. If the surgery is later in the day there will probably be an overnight stay.

Sigh, I just need to keep the negative, scary "what ifs" at bay.

Please let me know how you're doing.

Jean

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow...keep us posted.

Remember, ice, elevate, takes meds even if you feel you don't need them (I am talking from experience) and don't let PT push you too much, less is more with TKR.

See you on the healing side!!!

:goodpost: What Clara said! You can start your post-op thread before your surgery if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Alwaysknitting
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom