Lounge Doctor

THR Hipster64's Recovery Thread

OP
OP
Hipster64

Hipster64

Country
United States United States
@Calgal @SurreyGirl : Thank you! Ironically, I just got my pension letter a couple of weeks ago stating that since I am now 55 years old, I am eligible to retire. That is true but in order for me to qualify for retiree health insurance, I would need to work 20 years, which means I would have to stay until at least this November. Finances may dictate my staying a little longer but we'll see.

I did promise myself that the latest I would stay working there is until February 2022, when my son turns 26. This way he can segue into his own health insurance plan with no guilt on my part. If I did not insure my son, my health insurance would cost $126/month less. There is no way I am paying for a family insurance plan on a pension-I'd have nothing left. And my son has been warned.

BruceH

senior
Country
@Hipster64

Knowing full well that you are a short timer can do wonders for work stress! Have you checked to see if your retirement insurance also covers dependents? It might.

OP
OP
Hipster64

Hipster64

Country
@BruceH : It does. My son, however, is 23, working full-time and can hop onto his own insurance if need be. I am insuring him right now because I am doing him a favor-by him not taking insurance, he can keep more of his own pay to save. However, he knows that once I retire, the free insurance ride is over.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Happy One Year Anniversary!
If you receive notifications, please let us know how you’re doing double hippy.
We’d love to hear.
One year for Righty and Lefty’s anniversary coming up in just two months. I hope all is well and you’re enjoying life! :)
@Hipster64

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Happy One Year Anniversary! Hope you're doing great and busy living life!

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tbyg
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom