Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip Preservation Surgery

Country
United States United States
Eman,
You are so right, when this happens to a young person whatever surgeon can do to save original parts is preferred. My son was in a terrible motorcycle accident over 20 years ago, he was only 22-23 at the time and both his knees were smashed. The surgeon put them back together with wires, he was non weight bearing for 8 weeks and it took one year for him to fully recover. Surgeon said he was way too young for knee replacements.
He had the hardware removed a little after a year and so far so good over 20 years later.

Divipops

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Stephen 1989
Sorry to hear you are still having problems as well. I have finally been able to ditch the stick 20 months after surgery woo hoo, still walking cautiously and limping but at least unaided. Muscle and hip joint still painful and sometimes feel as if my leg is a ton weight, all that physio keep saying is it was a trauma injury and it takes time to heal, as it is nearly 2 years I am starting to get a little frustrated now. When surgeon did the screw and rod insert he said it was a good option as I was fit, active and healthy and as your hip fits your body should get a good outcome. Had to resign from work as it takes me all my time looking after myself never mind the children , still not able to cycle or drive my car as not got enough pressure for pedals. Hopefully better days ahead at least I am mobile. Good luck on Friday hope all goes well, let us know how it goes, I am back to physio Friday on no it's like torture , take care.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kelsdod
Recent bookmarks
Top Bottom