THR Hi, Yearly update

Hi Constanze,
Just popping by to say hello to you and everyone.

My hip was done 5 years ago, due to wear and tear, aged 64 years old. My mothers hip was done after a fall 2 years ago at aged 90 yrs old!

I have very fond memories at Bonesmart, what a lot of support and friendship between us.

I do thank @Josephine for instigating it all.

A wave to you all from London UK.
Hi, Yearly update

I love the long distance updates.. so helpful for many on here who are facing their first surgery.

So happy for all who posted on here with their success stories.. Congratulations @mcopt I hope 2020 is the best year yet!

Hi bit of a blast from the past it's coming up to 3 years since I had my first right hip replacement by Superpath in the UK the left was 4 months later. This forum was so very helpful during my whole journey through hip replacement giving me confidence and strength to go through what is a life changing procedure. I met some lovely people on here. There may not be many familiar names on here still but I just wanted to check in and say Hi and hope everyone is coping well during these difficult times. I feel for those whose surgery has been affected by the pandemic and hope we see some way through this soon . So hi seasons greetings and best wishes for the New year

What a sight for sore eyes! I seriously was straining as I read here, a bit tired after the holidays and lo and behold an old friend! Thought I was seeing things, lol.

I hope you’re healthy, happy and doing well, Martin. Thank you for stopping by to say Hi and share well wishes. May 2021 bring many blessings your way. Be safe, stay well!
@mcopt

:new-year-toast-smiley-emoticon: :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

@mcopt,
Thanks for the update, and your well wishes for the New Year!

You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. That way you will have your story and up dates in one place.

So please post your future yearly updates here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Hello, @mcopt ! It's been awhile - I hope you are doing well! If you're like me, it seems like it was ages ago at the same time that it feels like yesterday. Have you been tooling around on your motorcycle much? Out skiing?

Hello @mcopt well lovely to hear from you and learn all is going well a Happy New Year,i am still hear from when you were here lastx

Hi Martin @mcopt ,
I enjoyed reading your new message today and hope this pandemic isn't afflicting you too much. No restaurants, cafes and swimming pools closed, meeting friends&family cut to a minimum, no club&pub life. But I'm happy having recovered from three operations: LTHR in 2015, cataract on both eyes in 2018, and finally surgery after a tibia head fracture in 2019 caused by a fall off my bike in the dark. Fit enough to see my daughter in Australia, where we also went on long hikes, e.g. around Uluru. Wanted to prepare for Ironman Frankfurt 2020, but it was cancelled, I'll try next year. Actually did the virtual Frankfurt marathon in October. I read many English people joined that event. But there's light....My employer, a German medicines authority contributed a lot to the marketing authorisation of this new vaccine. I'll work for another 6 months, then I'll retire. We're planning on moving to the UK in 2022 and are preparing for it now. My English husband found a lovely house in Lincoln. But how are you these days? Still working? And how about your motorbike. I suppose skiing will have to wait. I haven't done any skiing since 1976 when I was at school in Munich. But I'd like to go again.
Happy New year to you:snow::martini: Constanze

Hello Constance! Happy New Year too! Yes, this site has gotten us through many days. It is difficult times with covid. My thoughts and prayers go to all!

@mcopt Welcome back - thanks for the update! Sounds like life is good for you. Well done! Here's hoping 2021 is a more positive year!

:wave:@mcopt
So happy to see your post and glad to know you are well.:happydance:
Please pop in for our New Year's Eve party.

Sharing our successes can be such a great inspiration to those just joining us.

Hope this next year will be bright and you will stay healthy and happy.:new-year-toast-smiley-emoticon:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member