Guest viewing is limited

THR Hi everyone, I am back from my hols!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic Poppy, I can just picture you all dressed up and getting those fabulous 'wow' comments. - it is so nice to feel feminine and normal again.. Well done you :)
 
Oh poppy well done its lovely isn't it to be able to go shopping for special occasions you must have looked and felt spectacular when you got the "wow" I can't wait till I get to your stage poppyfields
It's funny at wait you put about life I lead talking to a close friend on Monday who all the way though our conversation kept saying life's too short,seize the moment ,live for today,we don't know what tomorrows going to bring so true isn't it especially when you've lost people close
So like you poppyfields my holiday will be booked this week and il fight my way better (well hopefully)
Keep going I'm so so happy with your recovery going so well
Enjoy your grandchildren and your neices wedding I know you are going to have a lovely day
 
Thank you:thankyou: Different sort of day today........ decorator arriving at 8am tomorrow ( seemed like a good idea six months ago when we booked him:groan:) to do the upstairs landing, stairs and hallway downstairs, front entrance, lounge, dining room and our 'snug' ( where we watch tv/ dvds and listen to music) Endless journeys up and down the stairs to take up pictures, mirrors, all the 'knick knacks' we have about, cushions etc etc and then the cleaning of the window frames and windows, taking down all the curtains to go to the dry cleaners, wet wiping the wooden blinds and hoovering away cobwebs etc which have been sitting about whilst I have been incapacitated.......
I was exhausted at the end of it and house looks quite bare and strange......... went to rest after lunch and slept for over an hour and a half!!!!!! Needed it obviously before all the upheaval tomorrow...... he will be here for over two weeks so going to be very interesting........
Hope everyone else having a good day:)
 
Oh poppyfields a really busy day for you be careful not to overdo things you must have been shattered but it's good you were ble to have a nap mind by the sounds of it you needed one
Take things easy over the next couple of weeks and do a bit at a time itl soon get back to normal and itl be lovely when it's all done
Take care
 
Hi Poppy, your outfit sounds lovely, must look lovely too by your daughters reaction, I bet you felt great.

Just wondering about the wearing heels, did your doctor tell you that you will not be able to wear heels again? I haven't been told that though obviously I won't be going out buying some five inch stilletos I would like to think I could wear a little heel.

Take it easy, I think you must have dne a weeks exercise in one day with all the clearing work yesterday.

Ann
 
Anniepops: Was told by surgeon NO heels ever again because of danger of going over on them no matter how small! But we went for a walk at our local NT property yesterday and I slipped into a dip in the grassy field and my heel went over and ouch! And that was in flat walking shoes!!!! Who knows but am following the no heels rule!

Angie: A nightmare re decorator..... house so upside down I want to scream.... am managing to get up onto my bed each day to 'stretch out my hip' regardless of wet painted doors! But he has spilt water onto our cream carpets three times now, which does not matter, BUT because he is putting newspapers under the doors as he paints them so as to protect the carpet, when he spills the water the newsprint soaks into them:gaah:So we have had to speak to him today, very nicely, although did cause frostiness sadly but our house and we are paying the bill.......

Why is it when you have people into your home to do jobs that they treat it like a ' workplace' and not someone's home!!!??
 
Oh Poppy, you make me want to get all dressed up fancy and go somewhere special! But it is 100 degrees today, so I am settling for a loose sundress and sandals. ( I think it's about 38 celsius). Anyway, it's HOT! I think we all want to see a photo of a certain purple dress and coral shoes. :)

Sharon
 
Oh poppyfields I think I'd have hit him I ate Avignon people in I know when I did my room had a damp proof,plastered the works and I habit a new fireplace put in then the joiner covered it in silicon (pink fireplace is cream) never told us or cleaned it when I saw it the next day and rang him he blamed my grandson who wasn't even here argh hy don't soe people care
I hope you get sorted soon don't overdo it but
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom