Revision TKR Here I go again - round three

I can imagine the frustration you're feeling.
Hang in there.
Is there something special or pampering you can treat yourself to? You totally deserve it!!!!
 
I am sorry, midwest girl. I can only imagine how tiring it all becomes. Thankfully each day you're getting closer to weaning off the brace. I hope the distraction of the holidays makes the time pass quickly for you. Hang in there, you're getting close!
@midwest girl
 
So I had my followup appointment with my surgeon. I’m happy to say after wearing the brace locked 24/7 for 15 long weeks I’ve now been given the ok to unlock the brace when ambulatory. At first when I asked about the brace he said ‘you can get rid of it’. I said I don’t know, I haven’t walked without a brace since September. He said have PT wean you off of it. And PT rehab exercises have been added. But I still have some restrictions. But the best news was he said I didn’t have to wear the brace to bed anymore. I’m so looking forward to that! My next follow up is in 3 months (9 months post op). He said if I my gait and strength is good and walking without a limp and all I can get to is 110° flexion he’ll be happy with that. I’m still going to try and shoot for higher than that. I would like 125-135°. Despite the freezing fog and icy roads (90 miles) to get there, it was a good day. His post visit notes said I was doing fantastic and he was overall very pleased with my progress to this point. A good day indeed!
 
Such great news, midwest girl! I'll bet it felt so good to receive the reassurance you did form your surgeon.
I'm happy for you and just think...it's going to get even better! :happydance:
Happy New Year!
@midwest girl
 
Thank you ladies! It’s been a long 6 months for sure. A lot of really dark days in that time. But it’s always good to get the pat on the back saying you’re doing good, let’s get you moving forward. Oh as far as ROM last week I got 105°. Which is pretty good in my book. Can’t compare it to a TKA rom. This just feels so much different. With a TKA I never felt like that if I pushed too hard or far in flexion something is going to snap. You definitely have that sensation and I guess the possibility of you push the repaired quad tendon too far too soon. You definitely have to be in it for the long haul. Well I’m off to bed. Able to crawl in under my sheets and blankets brace free. It’s such a great reward.
 
Back
Top Bottom