Has anyone had their other knee done with 90 days of the first knee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Bionic woman2 I am finally catching up. Ditto to all who have said their 2nd one was easier than the first. I think it's just hard because it ends up being nearly half a year of surgery, pain, PT, OS visits, icing, etc...That's just plain along time. However, it's a great conversation starter. You have a fabulous attitude, and I have no doubt you will do fine. I don't know the answer to this, but isn't PKR nearly the same recovery as TKR? Anyway, try not to worry or fret about it.
 
With any surgery, the doctor may have to change plans once he/she gets going and sees what's what. That's just the nature of surgery since they really can't see everything until they're "in there." Just because your surgeon says he may need to do a total knee, doesn't mean it will happen. There is always a chance, of course, but don't assume. He's just being honest.
 
I did. It caused no problems. The second was better than the first. Probably because the surgeon and hospital were much better plus I had the worst knee done first.
 
Thanks Ready. Lagrange I think I had my worst one done first too. At least it was the first one to start acting up. :tantrum:

Lovestoread, It's just that, I've been reading other people's pre -op posts and all they're doing to prepare for it and I got a little reality check. :shocked: Like, if I do have a total, I haven't prepared to be away that long. I only stayed one night for my partial. I've heard recovery is the same regardless and I now believe that to be true. So, I'm not worried about that. I was just thinking about my kids/household situation. :scratch: Thanks for the input. I'll ask my OS about it at my pre-op. I just want to be prepared as I can be.
 
Re-post Pink​
​
Epiphany! :angel:​

I'm laying in bed when I noticed, my Left knee now hurts more than my Right (bionic) knee. :yay: It always hurt, but the surgical knee was getting all the attention. Now that it's mellowing out, I can really feel my bad knee. Yep! The Bad (surgical) knee has become the Good knee. Hallelujah! :yes!:

Time for surgery... LET'S GOOOO! :egypdance::egypdance:

5 More days! :scare:
 
Re-post Pink​
​
Epiphany! :angel:​

I'm laying in bed when I noticed, my Left knee now hurts more than my Right (bionic) knee. :yay: It always hurt, but the surgical knee was getting all the attention. Now that it's mellowing out, I can really feel my bad knee. Yep! The Bad (surgical) knee has become the Good knee. Hallelujah! :yes!:

Time for surgery... LET'S GOOOO! :egypdance::egypdance:

5 More days! :scare:
. So funny you noticed this, today when I was doing the stairs I noticed the diffrence between my two knees already!
 
A week from now, you will have that naughty child replaced! I am glad you are mentally prepared for the journey to begin again. I now have 2 bionic knees that are preforming well in my job as an elementary phy ed teacher. I only have some stiffness at the ends of the day, and some mild pain at night, but no pain. I get to the forum so seldom these days, so I will wish you well right now in case I don't get back.
 
BionicWoman2,

Once you have your second knee done, the world better look out! There will be no stopping you! (Now tell me, do you have superhuman intentions, like flying off of buildings, and saving the world from evil?). If so, your mission is "Code Metallic" :rotfl:
 
lol @ Code Metallic. I feel I was already a Super Hero at school. Between working in Kindergarten, doing after school dance, drama and cooking classes with kids, I managed to also run to the aid of my tantrum having special ed friends. I joke that I'm like a Fireman, because while everyone is running out of the building (away from the screaming kids) I'm running in saying "Come here CHILD! What is going on?" and holding their grimy hands. :eeeuw:

I'm not even gonna go into coming home and starting my 2nd job of double-parenthood with my two young men (whom I've dedicated my life to as well), or the 3rd job which is my new baby.... my baking business. Had ya going for a minute there. :rotfl: Um, NO :no-fin: I'm not having anymore kids! That's 25 to LIFE! I could have MURDERED somebody and been out on good behavior by now. :loll:

Seriously, I am sooooo thankful :boohoo:(happy tears) that I'll soon be able to do all of the above again! ANDDDDDDDDDDD, as Jsankowski suggested, a little of this :martini: a little of this :bicycle1: a whole lot of this :egypdance: :egypdance: and I'll throw in some of this :happydance: for good measure.

Thanks guys, you've been so supportive. You have no idea :boohoo:(Happy Tears) what your posts do for me. :cry: It's better than medicine... :umm: Well, NOT Oxy! lol :egypdance: :egypdance:

I'm gonna head out to a festival in my area later today. I missed ALL of the summer ones, so I'm hoping I can enjoy this one without too much pain. I'll bring my cane and try not to whip out my ODIC like Knee pain and daughter stalker! :whistle:
Wishing everyone a Kneeeasy day:flwrysmile:

4 more days :scare:
 
After teaching for 20 years, I will definitely tell you "TEACHERS ARE SUPERHEROES"! Every teacher, whether already having served their tour or still in the trenches has my upmost respect and admiration! :angel:

Oh wait, I was talking about teachers not soldiers! Well, same difference in my books! :giggle: :snork:
 
Throwback Thankful Thursday!​
​
I do have concerns of my current bad knee being the good knee in 5 weeks. It makes me a little antsy and even MORE emotional.

Wow! I remember this concern. Well, I am happy to report that my RPKR knee has risen to the challenge of being the good knee, like it was his job! :yes!: Two weeks after surgery and I am well on my way to recovery. Slow and steady of course, but it's a done deal. My job on this thread is finished! Post-Op ALL THE WAY BABY! :egypdance:

Thank you and everyone for the support :console2: and encouragement. :flwrysmile:

For more Throwback Thankful Thursday posts, visit my thread.... or yours! :cheers:
​
 
Thank you for all the info- I am having my first knee done 12/10 and the second one done shortly afterwards. I am new to this site- everything I read has been helpful.
 
Ph$enix You're welcome. Wishing a great surgery/recovery.:flwrysmile: I'm glad you joined us. :friends:
There's a link to my recovery thread just below my signature. Feel free to stop by for info and entertainment. I've decided laugh at my pain. There's a bunch of us on here who know that laughter sometimes is the best medicine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom