Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

THR Happy, hippy, Christine

OP
OP
mollymum

mollymum

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
1 year ago I was just waking up from my LTHR, and this morning I was thinking about you all as I walked downstairs - hoping every one is keeping well, staying safe, and staying well in this difficult time due to this virus.
I had no problem staying at home while I was recovering from surgery, but this is more of a challenge as we are both over 70 and husband is diabetic, so we have been in lockdown here for almost 3 weeks. I am very gratefull for forums like this :friends: and having a garden to walk around !

I'm also trying to de clutter with varying results :heehee:

Take care everyone,
Christine x

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Hello mollymum! Happy Thursday and Happy One Year Anniversary to you. :)

It’s nice to hear from you on this special day of your one year anniversary.
Its funny how it’s easy enough to stay home when it’s your own idea, but because I’m being told to, I feel like a caged animal. :heehee: Well maybe not that aggressive, but you know what I mean. Hopefully you and hubby are able to get out for some walks together in the fresh air and sunshine.
I see a lot more people out walking these days than ever before.:walking:I‘m assuming you’re happy with the progress you’ve made over the year. Please take care, be safe, stay well and enjoy the walks around your garden. Thanks for stopping by.:wave:
@mollymum

Trudijane

Country
Hello Molly,
You just reminded me that my hip replacement procedure was done on April 4, 2019 - so last year at this time, I was probably very nervous & anxious and making plans for home care!!! But, my hip hurt so badly, for so long, that I was anxious to have it done.

For me, it was a trying time. I remember the difficulties I had when in the hospital and so much pain; I couldn't imagine myself EVER getting better. Then when I went home (I live alone) I had my temporary roommate (who happened to be a nurse) look after me when she wasn't at work! If it had been THIS year, I probably would have had a lot more difficulty - so it made me grateful that I got it done - at the time that I did.

I had very difficult time staying home for 2 months; not being able to do anything I normally do. All I could do was look out of the window from my bedroom and the world seemed so distant and far away. But I finally got to the other side, and after 6 months of a roller coaster ride, today I can say that I am OK.

I never dreamed that I would have to isolate myself yet again. Except this time it's different. At least, i can take a mile walk every day, in between finding so many projects to do at home, including decluttering and cleaning out the attic - the whole time still being cautious as to how i move (just in case).

I cannot make the appointment for my yearly checkup due to the busyness of the hospital, but that can wait. Anyway, thank you for your post. It made me remember everything I went through and more after my hip replacement on 4/4/19 !!!!

I found this forum after (about 2 months later). And I am forever, grateful!

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Happy One Year Anniversary! That's a great accomplishment! It does seem harder to stay home now then it did during recovery but thinking part of that is I'm not taking so many naps! :rotfl::sleep:

Calgal

graduate
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Happy one year anniversary! :flwrysmile:
Mine is coming up next month and, like you, I am eternally grateful that it happened last year. Couldn't have managed another month of pain and disability. I feel so bad for all the waiting hipsters... But you are a new bionic woman and even though we may be confined we can still do the hipster happy dance to celebrate. Congratulations! :happyfeet:

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Shunter67
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom