THR GibsonGirl's Anterior THR Recovery

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Hope you’re feeling stronger and steadier week by week and life is good.
Many blessings to you dear one! :friends:
@GibsonGirl1948
 
I have not posted in many weeks. The reason for that is that I am doing so wonderfully well that I have not had questions or concerns! A few weeks ago my husband commented that my BoneSmart group has been such a great help and a blessing and it truly has.
Today, I am celebrating my 73rd birthday. I had dreams of once again riding my bike on this day. I tried to ride several days ago but only made about 1/3 mile and I knew that I was putting myself in danger. I felt such fear and for a short gal like me it looked so far from the bike seat to the ground! I realized that it is not worth putting myself in jeopardy of falling and breaking an arm, a hip, pelvis, leg, you name it. I have come to terms with this and I pondered, "why would I want to chance a fall when I am able to walk without pain? There are so many other things I am enjoying at this point."
I had my 4 month check in with my surgeon on March 3 and I got a perfect report.I told my surgeon that I am thrilled with my progress and how hip replacement has changed my life. I expressed to him, my appreciation for his expertise and caring.
Words cannot express how meaningful this journey has been for me and it will continue. I see subtle improvements almost daily. For anyone who is about to take on this journey or who has just begun please take encouragement from me. For me there have not only been physical blessings but there have been emotional and spiritual gifts as well.
 
@GibsonGirl1948 What a lovely update! So glad you are doing well and that we could help you through this journey.

Maybe wait a bit for the biking. Your confidence will continue to build.

Please do keep in touch!
 
What a fabulous report @GibsonGirl1948 ! And what a great way to celebrate your birthday - knowing you are well on your way to more and more freedom in your activities.
[Bonesmart.org] GibsonGirl's Anterior THR Recovery
 
A belated Happy 73rd Birthday, sweet lady!
What a lovely update. Thank you for taking the time to share. I’m happy to read you’re doing so well. Your recovery will be such an encouragement to those following behind you.
It‘s wonderful you made peace with your decision to find alternate ways to exercise and enjoy life aside from your bicycle.

A grateful heart is a happy heart and your joy spills out through your words. May you continue to grow stronger and steadier with each passing month. Please don’t be a stranger here. I enjoy your uplifting posts. :)
Many blessings to you!
@GibsonGirl1948
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom