Guest viewing is limited

TKR FlaGranny 2nd Knee 9/26/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice that you are online. Wondering if you could help me figure out how to start a new thread. I just can't figure it out. I've read the directions but thought there might be a quick way to add myself to the January knee replacements as I'm having my 2nd knee done next Tuesday and want to start a new thread cause I have questions.
 
@CJM as no-one has replied thus far and you are still online can I just say that if you look at top right of the Knee Recovery page, directly under the long blue banner which says something like knee replacement, forum, knee replacement, knee replacement recovery area, right at the end of that is a black box which says 'new thread'. Click on that and see how it goes. You do need to be on the home page of the Knee Recovery Area though, you can`t start a new thread from another`s thread. Good luck!

:sneaker:
 
Thanks so much! I wasn't on the home page which was why I couldn't find the "thread" box! I told you I wasn't tech savvy . I will try it out now
 
Great that you are cut loose to do anything you feel you can do! What good news! Things are really looking up for you!
 
It's been a long time since I updated. It is now 7-1/2 months for my left knee and 6 months for my right. I've been having a lot of trouble with muscle soreness and arthritis in other joints. My knees, though, are doing well. I can do whatever I want or need to do, except still cannot kneel because it hurts. I do have multiple sclerosis, though, and think that is the cause for a lot of the muscle soreness. I have been waking several times at night with pain in my calves and thighs. I did some research and started taking calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D. At the same time I started krill oil. I also got something called celedrin - an antiinflammatory fatty acid. It's only been a couple of days, but already I have no more pain at night and stiffness has improved. I hope the improvement continues.

As far as my knees go, the left is good. Still with a bit of soreness on certain movements. The right is still giving me a problem with an occasional jab of pain at the medial patella. The problem with sciatica type pain on the right has gradually improved and only bothers me occasionally.

I can sleep as long as I want on either side, go up and down steps, get up out of a low chair, etc. My thigh muscles still feel somewhat weak when climbing steps. Pain level is 0, except for occasional soreness on movements or the jab I get occasionally on the right knee. I can walk as long as I want as far as my knees go, but my back starts hurting after a while.

All in all, I am satisfied with my new knees. Hopefully the muscle soreness (all over) and the other joints will continue to show improvement.
 
Good to hear your update! I've also found my knee isn't always the problem where walking is concerned.
 
I agree about the back getting sore. Maybe it's the change in the gait that gets to our hips and backs. Who knows? But, it's a common complaint.
 
I've had back problems for some time. Can't actually say they are worse after surgery on the knees. I had back x-rays years ago and was told my spine was "ratty." OA is something I wouldn't wish on anyone, but so many of us have it. My mom passed away at age 94 with NO arthritis. I wasn't so lucky.
 
CURCUMIN/TUMERIC! It works for me better than Tylenol or Aleve. Took it for a few days, felt better, stopped and felt worse, started again felt better - a lot less stiffness and sorenss. Since I started the celedrin and krill oil, not sure if it is helping my joints yet, but it sure is helping my skin. The dry scaliness is disappearing. I want to get off the Tylenol and the Aleve that I've been taking for a year now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom